1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stats and points

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by Grimxd, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Grimxd
    Skink

Grimxd New Member

i haven't been able to find it. but why is the site so finicky about posting points next to a listed unit/model. and why can't you post stats of a unit either?

2. kamikazi180
    Skink

kamikazi180 New Member

Well, by posting the points cost, army users mightn't have to buy the army book needed to know the info. GW will lose money. As to statlines, I believe that IS legal, because GW have put them up for basically every unit on their website, so I believe it's okay to post stats :D

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone :D

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

GW rules are their intellectual property, essentially like a copyright, so by people posting things freely which you would normally have to buy you are essentially distributing copyrighted material illegally, you will find that it is not just this board but every board enforces this kind of policy fairly strictly, GW has in fact had their lawyers shut down several websites for posting stats and such.

4. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Mentioning stats in sentences is fine, but stat lines are not. GW are free to do what they like with their IP, including posting it on their website, this does not mean the same liberty extends to us. To view the stats on their website you have to go through their site, their advertising etc...