1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Steg's "Lacertilia of Kukulcan" (building and painting blog)

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by StealthKnightSteg, Jun 2, 2014.

1. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

This blog will be used to monitor my Seraphon(Lizardmen) models in their various stages, to show off my army, and have some fun getting pointers and comments about my army and work.

The Fluff:
    Lord Mazdamundi, in his infinite wisdom to cary out the Great Plan of the Old Ones, ordered one of his younger Slann Mage-Priest, of the 5th spawning, Kukulcan to take charge of the lost city of Spektazuma (The City of Lenses). While Lord Mazdamundi did not tell why he wanted the city be retaken, Kukulcan could sense the importance of the City of Lenses as an important tool to see more of the world to know where to act on the Great Plan.
    Kukulcan, his name derived from the Old One of Warfare, was appointed Master Builder and is therefor the ideal tool to undertake this task. (source)

Kukulcan took a small host to make the journey to Spektazuma. This small host was only for his protection and for the possible small encounters he would meet in the thick of the jungle. He would not need to go past the more dangerous terratories at the coastlines. Once at Spektazuma his first task was to rejuvanate the spawning pools to create the standing army and workers needed to protect and rebuild Spektazuma.

Pacha, a Starseer and the skink priest closest to Kukulcan was ordered to form the Lacertilia (as the war party became known) host and to take control of the tasks at hand when they would reach Spektazuma so Kukulcan can be left to his contemplations.

Pacha selected the following leaders for the traveling host:
    Apu-Illapu, saurus Scar Veteran
    Chac, Skink Starpriest
    Illapa, Skink Priest

Supay, Saurus Warrior Alpha
    Pahuac, Skink Alpha
    Guaracy, Skink Ripperdactyl Rider Alpha
    Guiachiminis, Kroxigor Ancient

They seized the Temple city of Spektazuma of the wildlife and setup the first base. Here Pacha and eventually Kukulcan could settle with some more of their followers and to re-invigorate the spawning pool.

Eventually new heroes and champions arose from the pools:

(more to follow as important heroes/champions were spawned at Spektazuma and settled in the memories of Kukulcan)

After the old world ended and Kukulcan took to the stars with his fellow Slann, he took the memories he had from Spektazuma with him. Everytime he needed his warriors he would think of them to materialize them where he needed them the most.

When arriving at the stars of Azyr, Kukulcan settled into the Constellation of Tlixa's Shield. As the last vision he had from Spektazuma told him that his task was to protect several of the lesser races as part of the greater plan to wipe out the forces of Chaos. He could see that his role would prove to be vital in this great scheme. There for Tlixa's Shield was detrimental to his part of the plan. Shielding the setlements of the lesser races from the influence of Chaos.

The modeller/painter part of me:
    I'm not in anyway artistic with sculpting and adding to a model this way, but I do not shy from adding some bits here and there that I have lingering around nor swapping bits out for others. Because of this most of the units you will get to see from me are pretty standard build.
    As for the painting part... I'm a perfectionist and even with the rank and file units I kinda get carried away, hence why I didn't have much painted yet for back in the day (of my empire or the 5th edition starter kit..).

The collector part of me:
    Formost I think of myself as a collector, but due to a tight budget I am not able to get most stuff together as fast as I would like too. I hope the 2nd post in this thread will represent my collecting ability aswell besides the progress I am making on getting my models ready.
    I'll update this 2nd post regularly, so check it often! Ofcourse my main focus still lies with my Empire and Stormcast Eternals so if you are interested please check my links at the bottom of this post.

The gamer part of me:
    Back in 1999 when I started this hobby I played pretty often with/against friends (Chaos, High Elves) and later I even joined the local gaming club and participated in a small tournament aswell (winning from a squickhopper/snotling pump wagon army). But the gaming group fell apart, the local club requiring 80% painted armies and other things in life made me stop the hobby for a while.
    Picked up gaming again in 2010 when I met my newly aquired brother-in-law who played skaven. Had some stuff going on in my personal life again so stopped the hobby again for 6-9 months. Since the start of 2011 I'm back in the game versus skaven with 8th edition rule set and looking forward to start playing games on and off, maybe even at the local gaming shop (same founder as the gaming club back in 1999).
    I also intend to visit the Eurobashes organized by the Empire forum to have a blast at gaming. Where I have been 5 consecutive years now!

Link to my wordpress blog for all: https://wargamingbysks.wordpress.com

Link to my Lizardmen Armylists: http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/stegs-armylists.14389/
    Link to my Lizardmen Battle Reports: http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/stegs-battle-reports-last-update-2014-01-06.14666/

Link to my Empire Blog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=32604
    Link to my Empire Army Lists: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33114
    Link to my Empire Battle Reports: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33259

Link to my Stormcast Eternal Blog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,50828.0.html
    (including some Khorne Bloodbound)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    Bowser, Warden and spawning of Bob like this.
  2. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

The progress list of my Seraphon miniatures

Heroes:
    0 Lord Kroak

0 Slann Starmaster "Kukulcan"

0 Saurus Oldblood

0 Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur

1 Saurus Scar-Veteran "Apu-Illapu" on Cold One - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....7/8th edition metal blister

0 Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur

0 Saurus Sunblood

0 Saurus Astrolith Bearer

0 Saurus Eternity Warden

0 Skink Starseer "Pacha"

1 Skink Starpriest "Chac" - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....6th edition metal blister

1 Skink Priest "Illapa" (Priestly Trappings) - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....5th edition metal blister (Shaman) *1)

Units:
    0 Saurus Warriors
    ..25 Saurus Warriors (Celestite Clubs) - Assembled, Magnetized, 1/25Painted, Based
    ....Warhammer Starter Box 5th edition
    ..3 Saurus Command group (Celestite Clubs) - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....5th edition metal blister (SB2, Champ1, Musician2)

0 Saurus Knights

3 Saurus Guard
    ..3 Saurus Guard (Alpha Guardian, Musician, Standard) - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....6th edition metal blisters Champion, Musician, Standard

3 Chameleon Skinks
    ..3 Chameleon Skinks - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....Skink1, Skink3, Skink4

0 Skinks

0 Razordons

1 Salamanders
    ..1 Salamander - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....6th edition Salamander head1

3 Skink Handlers
    ..3 Skink Handlers - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....6th edition Salamander Skink1(x2), Skink2(x1)

3 Ripperdactyl Riders
    ..3 Ripperdactyl Riders (1 Alpha) - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....8th edition Ripperdactyl Riders

0 Terradon Riders

4 Kroxigor
    ..3 Kroxigor (1x Moon Hammer) - 2/3 Assembled, 2/3 Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....6th edition metal blister (body 1/weapon 1, body 2/weapon 2, body 3/weapon 3)
    ..1 Kroxigor - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....7th edition metal blister (middle one)

Monsters:
    0 Bastiladon

0 Engine of the Gods

0 Stegadon

0 Troglodon

AoS obsolete:
    ..25 Saurus Warriors (Hand Weapon) - Assembled, Magnetized, 1/25Painted, Based
    ..3 Saurus Command group (Hand Weapon) - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....5th edition metal blister (SB2, Champ1, Musician2)

..32 Skinks (bows) - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ..3 Skink Command group (bows) - Assembled, Magnetized, Painted, Based
    ....5th edition metal blister (Champ w/ bow2, Musician2, SB2) *1)

*1) together in same blister pack

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    Warden and Bowser like this.
  3. Kroq
    Cold One

Kroq New Member

Re: Steg's (to be inserted name) (building and painting blog

It's an iteresting project!
    Just to talk, some miniatures you list as 6th edition are from 5th ,as for example the saurus command group :)

4. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

They are? They seem so different from the standard Saurus I got from that starter box.. Unfortunatly solegends doesn't provide me with catalogues from 2000-2003 to have that verified :(
    Any others I listed incorrectly?

Hope to get some painting done during the summer besides my Empire, coz I really like the look of the Lizardmen!

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

yea most of the stuff on SoL is from 5th edition and earlier. :artist:
    Edit: i just noticed that someone updated some newer stuff on SoL.
    the hunchbacked saurus and newt looking skinks are from 5th edition.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  6. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

Ok, editted
    What about the 2 Kroxigor and the Temple Guard champion?
    I think the skink priest is correctly from 6th? he seems newer.

As soon as I got my movement tray's done I'll post a picture of my complete 1k Army (minus the Rippers as Wayland games has trouble getting my order complete..)

7. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

The skiny krox with the spiky heads are from 6th,
    but that small window on he top right shows the older t-rex looking 5th kroxigor.

The temple guard champ is from 6th.

yea you are correct the skink priest is from 6th.
    (and one of my favorites)

8. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

Those 5th ed Krox look good aswell! Might need to get my hands on some someday!

So I think the list is now correct edition wise, thanks for the help on that!

9. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

Here my currently owned models

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  10. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

Re: Steg's "Lacertilia of Kukulcan" (building and painting b

added some fluff

11. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Hmm... where are all these painted models you listed. ;)

12. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

All models listed have the Painted wording in Red... as in not done yet :) Green is the good colour for having things done. I hope to do some this summer though.
    If you really want to see some painted models of mine you should click on my Empire blog link ;)

13. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

updated the first 2 posts to reflect the changes I have in mind for AoS, still working on some Stormcast (expansion set) and Khorne from the starter set, but will definatly fit these in my projects soon as I want to have the Seraphon as my 2nd / 3rd army depending on what is going to happen with Empire / Free People

14. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Just been through your Empire blog and a lot of the later photos are not showing up which is a shame as I was looking to your progress and you were improving.

15. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

I'll have a look and re-link the pictures in my empire blog somewhere this week.. haven't been there a while, but all the pictures of my Stormcast blog should be up

Edit: and also re-link the picture here..:rolleyes:

16. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Yeah the Stormcast are fine and they look great very clean and crisp, very nice indeed ;)

17. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

All the pictures should be showing again in my Empire blog and the 1 picture here also.

18. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Great will have a look through now.

19. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

I now started a blog as well to document all my activities, but mostly to cater for my fluff stories (they will come)
    It can be found here:
    https://wargamingbysks.wordpress.com

And also handy is the more fixed url it gives to my pictures, as FB has the tendancy to move pictures around once in a while.

spawning of Bob likes this.
  20. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

FLUFF!!!!!!

StealthKnightSteg likes this.