1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Stormcast and Seraphon Army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Cataphract, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Cataphract
    Skink

Cataphract New Member

I used to play Lizardmen back in the 5th edition and now with AOS I picked up the Starter set and have a stormhost. Now that I can combine armies I am looking to add Seraphon to my forces to make up for the short comings and find synergies.

It looks like GW's new format of Keywords don't crossover between the two as most buff rules are specially keyed to Seraphon and Stormcast. The only exception may be one of the Engine of the Old Ones dice table results which affects your entire army.

For the most part the Stoemcast seem befret of Cavalry, War Engines and Monster units of the first two the Seraphon have a plenty. Any insights to the new rules for units that anyone can help with?

2. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

The glaringly obvious[?] synergy is that by adding a Slann to a Stormcast force all of a sudden Stormcast faction have access to summoning spam tactics.

Dropping small bundles of Skink shooters into your opponents backfield...

3. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I think using a core of Stormcast with Seraphon support elements could be nice. In terms of rules though there aren't many crossovers between the armies - most Seraphon buffs target Seraphon units, and most Stormcast buffs target Stormcast units. There are a handful of combos that I think would work well together though.

A Slann or Kroak are the obvious ones. Stormcast have no wizards, so straight off the bat you're getting Arcane Bolt and Mystic Shield, both of which are handy. On top of that you get the Seraphon Summoning spells (if your group or event allows it), so you could drop down some chaff mid game to lend a hand or block an enemy from hurting valuable Stormcast units.

If I read this right Stormcast can benefit from Kroak's rerolls too. Combo this with Tetto'Eko's Curse of Fates (another Wizard for Mystic Shield!) and you can get some pretty reliable rolls. This would be awesome when used with the Knight-Venator's Star-fated Arrow. Hits on a 2+, wounds on a 3+ and does D3+3 damage (or D6+3 against monsters or heros). Use Kroak to reroll, and Curse of Fates to increase your roll and you are pretty much guaranteed to kill something.

If you're having mobility issues, toss in a Skink Patrol for some fast moving support. Using Chameleon Skinks instead of regular Skinks gives you some really nifty counters to warmachines and a good method of taking control of cover.

If you really hate Daemons too you can use Kroak's Celestial Deliverance and the lantern carrying Stormcast guys to put out some mortal wounds.

Stormcast have no Monsters, so some dinosaurs might add the multi-wound terror that your army lacks.

I don't have the scrolls for the guys in the AoS starter box, so the banner bearer and dragon rider guy might have something useful.

Bowser likes this.
  4. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

i think the best stuff would be skink patrol with a slann/kroak and carnosaur
    main point on that is i believe our fliers are better with more choices weapon wise and you right a few monsters are gonna help especially since our carnosuar is a monster killer

the celestent on dracoth has a aoe attack that does mortal wounds and the guys hammer does good damage as well

5. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

To be honest, I find that mixed armies tend to be weaker than pure armies because a lot of the best buffs only work on the hero/unit's own army, so mixed armies lose synergy.