1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Sud's Thunder Lizard Rules - With Testing Now!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Sudsinabucket, Aug 17, 2019.

1. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

decided to go with 1d6 for the heal? if you are I would think you could lower the CV to 7. the endless spell heals for 1d3 at cv6 (1d6 in gyhran) AND can restore models, where as this spell cant even overlap the heal to multiple models.

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  2. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

I did, I agree with your original argument that it could lose some uniqueness, but with the added command traits and such I feel taking that one ability and making it more inline with GW rules will make it more appealing. I think it still retains that unique feel :)

Should it overlap to heal multiple models? is that a short coming? Ill put it to a CV 7 if that makes more sense

I guess im confused when you say "The endless spell" and "This spell"

Im assuming the endless spell is a different spell model youre talking about?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Imrahil likes this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

yes the endless spell im comparing this spell to is the emerald lifeswarm

4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

5. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Can someone help with this? Trying to make it bigger but for some reason it just keeps screwing up? Is there something I am doing wrong? Screenshot (989).png Screenshot (990).png

6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Screenshot_20191025-180937_Chrome.jpg Formatting worked on my phone just fine but not on my computer....

But there they are!!!! Wooo!!! Thanks everyone!

Lizerd, ILKAIN and Imrahil like this.
  7. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Some suggested changes, thoughts?
    Screenshot_20191026-073259_Reddit.jpg Screenshot_20191026-073307_Reddit.jpg Screenshot_20191026-073507_Reddit.jpg Screenshot_20191026-073514_Reddit.jpg

Imrahil likes this.
  8. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

all of the things they brought up, we brought up in design. there's nothing new there. the logic we put into it is sound. the only thing we might be off on is the pricing of the cheaper variant. might need to be 100 more. some of what they presented is just folly... 24" is 1/3 of the board, and the range on some of our damaging spells from the lore. there is no justifiable reason a healing spell that can at max heal 6 wounds should have a shorter range than a damaging spell that can inflict 8. the TL is a support unit... RNG on the stomps was intentional. we want it to do damage, but not be designed to be the most efficient damage dealer. and no... the TL isnot going to face a single beatstick threat... its going to be swarmed exactly as you said... with rend inflicting hordes. their input is valid... but again... its nothing we hadn't already discussed

9. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

I'd agree with @ILKAIN here. The input they have is coming from a different perspective. I think the TL as is works. The real test will be to play several games with it and see if the rule set works in actual game play.

Sudsinabucket and ILKAIN like this.
  10. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

For sure! I appreciate the input yet again ya'll, not gonna fiddle with it til I actually play it (or someone else if anyone picks these rules up) and are just deemed broken, though I don't see it being deemed broken personally.

Kudos

11. Khemrian Slann
    Saurus

Khemrian Slann Active Member

Suggestion for Carrier abbility: Instead of setting up a uniof Terradons Or Rpperdactyl Riders you can say They have landed in a Thunderlizards Howdah, in the movement Phase you can say that This unit makes a takeoff roll a 2d6 for every model on a one the model couldn't Start because the Wings bleiben an einem Seil hängen and stays AT the Thunderlizard. When a model succesfully started Set IT up 10 inches from the Th away and 3 inches from an Enemy model. Substract 2 for that models Charge roll in the following phase.The model can't make a normal move in the movement Phase but still can fire and charge.when you have any Rpperdactyl Riders Or Terradons in the near of 6 inches in the Movement Phase you can decide IT will try to Land on the Thunderlizard roll 2d6 on a 1 and a 2 the model couldn't Land on the Thunderlizard can only move the half of its movement in the following Phase. If a Unit landed succesfully IT is treated as in the Howdah of the Thunderlizard and is removed from the Battlefield Unit Cannot Start and Land in one turns. Only one Unit of Rippers Or Terradons can be on the Same Howdah AT once.When a unit is in the Howdah of a Thunderlizard IT heals all wounds in the following turn. And can return one Model to the unit. In the game only one Terradon and one Ripper can be returned on each Thunderlizard. Do you Like it?Talk with Sudsina I am away for a week See ya

12. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

its neat... but whats the benefit of the ability?

13. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

There was talk about having rippers and terradons regenerate health when landed on the howdah platforms on the discord while I was showing a few updates

14. Khemrian Slann
    Saurus

Khemrian Slann Active Member

The Benefit is that you can hide your big Flyers When They have been atacked and hide them for a good Moment. I Made the 2d6 mechanic in it to make it less expensive

15. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

You cant have a 1 on a 2d6 roll. It's a neat ability, but its unfinished. What happens if the TL dies while the rippers/Dons are "parked"? Additionally, what happens when they do fail the roll... they have half movement? I'm sorry but that penalty doesn't really make sense... the ripper/Don overflew the landing pad so now its got half movement? especially since this is a lore based creation and Dons in the lore can stay airborne for weeks.

The reason for transports in 40k is that shooting is literally every where, and the transports take the heat with high defense low offense abilities. In Sigmar, shooting is far less prevalent, and long range shooting is even less prevalent. I cant think of any ranged attacks in AOS that are over 30" off the top of my head, though they may exist. I can think of multiple 48" ranged shooting for a single faction in 40 k off the top of my head. and lets not get started on the Tau lol.

Essentially, unless there is a different benefit other than a really, REALLY bad chameleon skink effect (which is what this boils down to), the ability would never be used in game.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Khemrian Slann and Sudsinabucket like this.
  16. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

With the new battletome out I think its time to revive this thread and again ask for some help with reworkinf the battletome :)

I am thinking of making her exclusively for Coalesced Seraphon, just given my own personal lore and I just feel thats where she belongs.

Any thoughts on this? Any ideas youd add ir change? Going to be going through the tome today and adjusting a few things but would love ti hear all of you wonderful peoples thoughts!

17. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

if you are going to do that, you just need to make Coalesced one of her keywords. however, what that means from how I read the book and I could be wrong, is that she could be included in a SB list, she just would have the Coalesced benefits... not the SB.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Imrahil and Sudsinabucket like this.
  18. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I believe you are right...Im gonna have to go through the book again though.

Im wondering what or if any if her abilities need to be changed. It seems many of the buffs she was giving are now apart of the tome itself (saurus and kroxigors got a buff if im not mistaken), but again i need to go read through the tome again to have a better idea of what id change if anything

Imrahil likes this.
  19. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

yeah we would definitely have to re work her. ill take a look soon. my work is about to go to day on day off schedules to split our work force in half to prevent total shut down if someone gets sick. should be able to take a good hard look at it then

20. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Hey I’ve been thinking about it’s and all.... giving the added weapons and all those howdah, I added a few things and mod a few..anyway this is where I’m at for now.... some may or may not make any sense lol I’m just having fun !!! With someone else model.... awkward....

Cheers

AEFD14F6-3E22-4DE5-AE99-53F767FF7954.jpeg

Been a TL in TL she’ll have 40 wound total she is the queen of the jungle after all perhaps she need to go up to 50 bahahah

Hope you enjoy

P.S. how many skinks you think you can pop on top after the crew is on? I was think 6-8 on the 2 big side howdah and 4-6 on the back one and none in the middle left for garrison?!? I guess there always the terra reloader as well damm....

ILKAIN, Imrahil and Sudsinabucket like this.