1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion: Age of Sigmar Forum

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by Iskander, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

Hey Mods / Slann-overlords,

Apologies if this has already been raised.

I wonder if maybe we should have a separate forum (or Sub-forum? Not a different website, but like "Lizardmen Discussion" or "Rules Help," etc.) for Age of Sigmar.

At this point, it's pretty clear that it's a completely different game, and our models may not even be called "Lizardmen". I expect some of us will play it, and some won't, for a variety of great reasons on both sides.

However, for those who do play, I suspect we'll have a flood of posts about rules, list building, fluff/fanfic, etc. Eventually, maybe, it might even generate new forum-members.

So, I think it might be easier to navigate this future if the oncoming storm of AoS posts were collected in a distinct, dedicated area of Lustria Online. That way 8E fans don't have to dig through AoS to get to their stuff, and vice versa. At least, that's just what I think. :)

EDIT: This would have the added benefit of keeping this great community together under one website, and letting fans of both systems learn about the other at their own, preferred pace.

(Alternatively, maybe we'll just have one large thread about how AoS is a sad letdown, and we all move on :p Who knows!)

2. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

I think Iskander is onto something.

Iskander likes this.
  3. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

The Tomb Kings did the same thing when the Undead Legions came.

Iskander likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Great suggestion... I agree 100%!!

Iskander likes this.
  5. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

I dunno. Seems very conformist. I haven't given up hope just yet...

Jkjk. That is a good idea. The big boss will see this thread soon enough, but I believe he's on vacation right now. Waiting until we have more than rumors and grainy pics wouldn't hurt either :)

Iskander likes this.
  6. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

As some of the rumors has mentioned this was a different game that WBF, this has been in the consideration from the start. With the latest details we have, it is clear that this is something we need to do.

The questions is what approach that would be best, having these as sub-forums under the current forums, i.e. under "Lizardmen Tactics" we would have a "AoS Tactics".

Or if we should make a new section, called "Age of Sigmar" and have discussion, army lists, tactics, battle report and rules help forums under it?

What do you guys think is the best approach?

NIGHTBRINGER and Slanputin like this.
  7. miturian
    Saurus

miturian Member

new section.

8. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Age of Sigmar: Servants of Exoatl
    Discussion: Fluff, Reviews
    Modelling: Conversion, Scale and Terrain
    Rules: Help Forums, Army Lists
    Tactics: Battle Reports
    (... tuppence ...)

Iskander likes this.
  9. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

As it happens, AoS might just turn out to be in itself a segue into 9th Edition, in which case if 9th turns out to be drastically different to 8th it might make sens to create a sub-forum for both.

"Warhammer: 9th Edition & Age of Sigmar"

I imagine the forum title could be edited however? In which case, an AoS sub-forum could be established and then edited to reflect the release of the RB proper (given that one is released).

10. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

I don't think they need separate painting forums, though.

Scalenex, miturian and Iskander like this.
  11. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

IMHO it should be a separate section, but with only one sub-section for now, like the "Lesser Races" area is now. I would say then to expand it down the line, depending on how popular it gets.

(My frame of reference here is how this fan site for the Civilization games does things when new games come out in the franchise: http://www.civfanatics.com/ I'm pretty sure the way I described things in the first part of this post is how they've done it for more than a decade, and thrived.)

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

+1
    I definitely think that a new section would the best option.

I've read several rumours of late that are stating that we may not get a 9th edition... AoS might be all we get. :( Then again, from what I've seen of AoS it might very well be a good thing that 9th edition is never released.

Of course they do... I don't want those round bases associating with my squares :p. Just kidding. ;)

13. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

So you are a base-ist? Not to be confused with bassist, which according to some sources are even worse...

14. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua Well-Known Member

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: That's just WAY too...pun-ny...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Iskander likes this.
  15. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

I have added new forums for Age of Sigmar, let me know if you think the names of the forums or the descriptions could be changed to something more meaningful. Thanks

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

17. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Another suggestion. Since we seem to be moving in the direction of an Eighth edition section and a AoS section, I propose a Fine Arts section (name pending) if there is demand.

There is no reason to split the modeling section between square and round bases. There is no reason to subdivide the fluff subforum, and there is some interest in an arts forum for drawings (or photos of Slann cake). Since all these things transcend editions, they can stand alone.

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Iskander likes this.