1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for Coatl

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by kulumbus, May 19, 2010.

1. imnohero
    Skink

imnohero New Member

The package arrived today! Assembly tonight :D

2. imnohero
    Skink

imnohero New Member

Well, here's a few pics post assembly. Fortunately, this did turn out to be the resin kit. I must say that I absolutely love working with resin, especially over metal. The glue dried very quickly, it was easy to file, and it's fairly lightweight so I'm not too worried about it toppling over. There were a few gaps here and there that I filled in and attempted to sculpt/texturize with green stuff. It was my first time using green stuff but I think it turned out okay. I haven't attached it to the pewter base yet because I'm not sure if I'm going to use it.

2yljvwo.jpg

nznmu9.jpg

kasfh5.jpg

3. president kang
    Skink

president kang Member

So, how do you like the size and detail of the model so far?

4. imnohero
    Skink

imnohero New Member

I am very happy with the model overall. There is a lot of detail which will definitely make it fun to paint. There were some odd mold lines and the tips of the wings needed some work, but the end result looks quite good in my opinion. As far as size, it's fairly large compared to the rest of my army, but it's certainly not too big. I meant to take a photo of it next to one of my stegs for size comparison, but I forgot >_< I'll try to do that tonight when I get home, as well as one next to a star dragon.

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Very cool. I'm personally not a fan of resin, it files easily but that stuff is very toxic. I haven't found it to like superglue that much either, plus casts (in my experience) haven't been good quality. Glad you have had luck though!

6. president kang
    Skink

president kang Member

Any updated on the painting of this model?