1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Summer Campaign

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Padre, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Is anyone going to be participating in the summer campaign? I'm considering it, but not sure, mostly due to limited gaming time. The story is up now. I found it in the AoS app on my phone. Also, do we want coordinate our efforts in some way?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I am going to try, scheduling os always my problem. But yeah, we should definitely work together on the campaign!

3. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Even though I only get one day a week down at the store, I will be trying my best to pitch in.
    Planning at the moment, might do a defensive.... really depends what I will go against really.

4. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

Customer Question: So this means we can play at home and then report our results at the store?

GW Social Media team: That is exactly what it means.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/GWWa...41828.452117934985005/491707791026019/?type=3

So, if you're having trouble scheduling time to slog over to the nearest store, it looks to me like that may not be a barrier after all. (apologies for the mobile link, I'm at my parents' house and that's all I can do :p )

As for coordination, I plan to play as Order all the way (and maybe Death once if I get enough models painted). Not sure what is to be done beyond that? Except win, obviously (lol).

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

So all I have to do is continually destroy my friends skaven and report back to the store. Should be easy enough!

Crowsfoot and Iskander like this.
  6. Valjeanthebeast
    Saurus

Valjeanthebeast Member

well, it seems to be slightly weighted on order due to the most rules and new figs.
    another thing i noticed through the grand alliance order forum was that lore and new figs will be affected by the results. I hope that death and destruction do well so they get a bigger focus and some new figs for death.
    Anyway, good luck all

Bowser likes this.
  7. Kor-Lot-Ko
    Skink

Kor-Lot-Ko Member

I am most certainly going to try and get involved. I'd like to make our Star-Lizards play some significant role in this major plot-point.
    Hell, maybe we'll get some fluff out of this if we do well enough.

Valjeanthebeast and Bowser like this.
  8. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

thats what im thinking the seraphon is getting forgotten buy GW and new players we need to go report the winning for the seraphon so we can get noticed again...

9. Hojdar
    Cold One

Hojdar Active Member

I will try to get a game or two at the local store. I really wan't to see how the new point system turns out, it could be a really nice change from all of the 40k it's been recently.

Kor-Lot-Ko and Bowser like this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Gameplay!

Yesterday I was ready to roll someone with my 1000 pts Seraphon list... sadly, my opponent refused to play against them... "I want to try something different, lately you play with Seraphon or TK, but you also have Dwarfs, so pick them".
    Basically, I was forced to play with an army I lately don't play with, and making a list on the fly, looking at the point value of dwarfs for the first time, but hey, it's an Order army, after all...

so i went for a flame thrower, an organ gun, 10 ironbreakers, 2x10 warriors, a coupe of runelord, an engineer and a general
    Vs
    10 boarboyz, general on boar, 10 savage orcs, a shaman, a BSB, 3 trolls

Playing the scenario that you win controlling objectives with heroes, I scored a major victory.
    My opponent was lamenting that dwarfs' warmachines are too much strong, this list was broken, it's impossible to win against them, yadda yadda.

Bored by the hearing of the same old tirade, but with dwarfs instead of Seraphon, I said "good, let's swap the lists, i play your orcs, with the same abilities / artefact you choosed for them and you do the same with my dwarfs. Same scenario. Who win takes both the victory points for his faction, the one of this game and also the one of the game already played".
    My opponent, obviously, agreed.
    I won a major victory. :cool:

2 victory points for order!

The morale? a list may be strong, but it doesn't win the battle for you, if you don't know what you are doing.

11. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Need to try and get a game going to start scoring points, apparently Death is nipping close behind Order.
    I have such a weird mix up of stuff, our store manager encourages custom warscrolls. So I have a two riderless Carnosaurs, and a Saurus Oldblood riding a Bastiladon. Currently working the changes in the rules for these two with the manager.
    All the rest are normal models, problem is that the Bastiladon crew are going to be made into Skink handlers. Might need to chuck in a Salamander/Razordon to give them some use.

Bracnos and Bowser like this.
  12. Valjeanthebeast
    Saurus

Valjeanthebeast Member

13. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

That is one of the most badass post I've seen recently!!! :cool:
    Congrats, Killer! Those are well deserved points for our Grand Alliance! :greedy:

Can I ask you how balanced are the factions played in your local stores?
    I mean: are there lots of Order players and not so much Chaos/Destruction/Death ones?
    How many people play Seraphon in your group?

Killer Angel and Bowser like this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Afaik we have (more or less ):
    2 players for destruction (orcs and Ogre )
    3 for chaos: Beastmen, skaven (i think. The player got also dwarfs) and Daemons, mostly Khorne (but this player have no less than 6-7 different armies)
    3 for orders (me, a guy with Empire that will collect points by painting, and... I don't know, probably a newbie with elves)
    2 for Death (a newbie that's starting to collect vampires, and occasionally me with TK).

As for Seraphon, there is a guy that is buying them, but Afaik he's actually playing Star Wars.

Kor-Lot-Ko and Bowser like this.
  15. Valjeanthebeast
    Saurus

Valjeanthebeast Member

that is quite interesting. I don't actually play AoS but we have majority of death and destruction. Our GW is quite unusual overall,we really don't like the AoS setting so we have our own world, which to about a year to make, which uses the AoS figs and rules, and each battle actually affects the lore. I suppose you could say it is one never ending campaign! ATM the world is being wrecked by a WAGGH!!,but slowly High lord Van Krack of the death council is pushing them back, i am quite frightened about the new bonesplitters.

anyway, slightly off topic,sos!

Kor-Lot-Ko, Bowser and Bracnos like this.
  16. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! It's interesting to see how much the different races are played in different stores...
    In my GW the Destruction Alliance is winning, second place for Order, then Death and finally Chaos.

I haven't been able to play a game in store yet (what a shame... I want it so badly!!!), so I don't know exactly what armies are used here, but I'm almost sure there are:
    - 1 Sylvaneth (the owner of the shop)
    - 1/2 Seraphon (AND me!)
    - 2 Ironjawz
    - 1 Khorne
    - a couple of Vampires/Flesh Eaters
    ... don't know what else.

Strange: I was expecting LOTS of Stormcasts, but in the end it seems people still love the old races!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Bowser and Bracnos like this.
  17. Kor-Lot-Ko
    Skink

Kor-Lot-Ko Member

I don't have a GW in my town so I'm planning on doing as much painting and home gaming as I can, them driving to the nearest store and reporting my scores as well as maybe getting a game or two in while I'm there.

Bowser and Bracnos like this.
  18. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

I haven't yet played a Summer Campaign in the shop, but I battled a friend yesterday and smashed him. I might report that back.

tom ndege and Bowser like this.
  19. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

I went over to the local GW store to try to get a game after work today. No one was playing. Oh, well. Hopefully my gaming group will want to play tomorrow.

20. Killer Angel
    Slann

I've just opened a thread to post bat reps for the summer campaign, given that the discussion forum is not exactly the proper place to post the chronicles or our victories. ;)