1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Sword of Strife vs Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Elmquasmash, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Now, they do the same thing but the scimitar costs an extra ten points. It says that we are to take the points cost from our army book if it is different from the BRB. Now, they are not the same item but they do the exact same thing.. Am I supposed to live within the 'spirit' of the rules or does that rule only apply to our army books listing of 'common magic items?'

I don't want anyone to think I'm cheap ;)

2. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

Actually they're two completely different items that happen to do the same thing ;) so you could actually have two Scar-Vets with 6 attacks if you'd want to.

The rule you're thinking of applies to what used to be the common magic items list with items such as the Enchanted Shield and the War Banner, some items have changed value with the BRB and we basically have to ignore the values for those items in the BRB and use the ones in our Army Book.

3. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

That's what I thought :) Just wanted to make sure! Thanks for the help :D

4. Cravenus
    Cold One

Cravenus New Member

just a question, but couldn't you also run a scar vet(or old blood) with both swords?

ummm, as I hit submit, i totally remembered why you can't my bad. so cool though

5. Idura
    Saurus

Idura New Member

I read this a few days ago and had a 3500p match against HE yesterday so i decided to try it out! 2 scar vets on cold one with a sword each in a unit of 10 cold ones with totem of huanchi, they wrecked havoc :), Annihilated 12 Dragon princes, a chariot and countless numbers of core.

6. shizuo
    Jungle Swarm

shizuo New Member

Having many swords units can easily annihilate dragons.