1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Sylvaneth Are Slaughtering Me

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by scubrat, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Spesstaco
    Jungle Swarm

Spesstaco New Member

Rerolling ones only. That basically only truly helps drycha in his list. If need be kill him with mortal wounds

Bowser likes this.
  2. milman
    Saurus

milman Active Member

Got the same problem right here. Was fighting durthu the other day with pure seraphon. I got destroyed pretty hard... afterwords i was thinking "what could i have brought to kill the 2+ save/12wounds/healing himself gaint tree?!"

So any more tips or tricks? I would also like to get in on some sylvaneth campfires :D

Bowser likes this.
  3. Spesstaco
    Jungle Swarm

Spesstaco New Member

Durthu only has a 2+ save with mystic shield or Oaken armor and can only heal himself if he is the general and is given the self healing battletriat. IF YOUR OPPONENT GETS TO ACTIVATE HIM AT FULL WOUNDS FIRST YOU WILL DIE AS HE DOES 6 WOUNDS PER HIT AT REND 2. he only has 3 attacks with said sword unless near woods in which case he gets d3 more.

Soooo

1) he sacrificed a good command trait for a killer unit. Wipe out his army while running away from him. He only has a 5 inch move and can only Teleports to 9 inches away from you near the woods or on a table edge with certain formations I think.

2) shoot him down so he has to roll d 6 to wound and then engage him while he is away from the woods. IF YOU GET INTO MELEE COMBAT MAKE SURE YOU CAN ACTIVATE FIRST, sacrifice low point models if you have to.

3) sylvaneth are very weak to mortal wounds. We don't really gave much of anything against them.

milman, Bowser and Seraphage like this.
  4. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

He is disgusting, I mean, he is a 400 point model, but still foul, I tried fighting one yesterday with a oldblood on carnosaur, I got the first activation, did 3 wounds, then on his activation he killed the carnosaur, next turn he healed those three wounds :mad:. The worst is when he does that stupid stomp that can add 1 or 2 to hit him.

I like @Spesstaco's advice, run away.

milman and Bowser like this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Great advice @Spesstaco I think the best thing to do is get some skinks to tie him up. If he chooses to activate durthu first, no big loss of not, you run away.

milman likes this.
  6. Spesstaco
    Jungle Swarm

Spesstaco New Member

I've found than carnosaurs and almost every seraphon model are overpriced. Because I would say durthu is underpriced but the mournghoul is the same price and thundertusks are also worse. Seraphon just lack a hard hitting unit aside from the dread saurian which is also overpriced.

Perhaps with the next battletome. Also we can mix and match order units as the only advantage we get to taking all seraphon is the battlelines. So feel free to abuse the meta by bringing a lot of ranged units, or a hard hitting unit.

Joshua Horchler, Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I'm not able to find the source, can you point me to a link, tnx?

I'm asking because I've a doubt: i agree that it's written that you roll for each unit within range, but flitterfuries is listed as shooting attack, and AFAIK you simply cannot shoot your own units.

Bowser likes this.
  8. Spesstaco
    Jungle Swarm

Spesstaco New Member

It was on an faq and the link that the official age of sigmar Facebook page posted of people talking about sylvaneth

Bowser likes this.
  9. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

10. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yep it says each unit, not enemy unit. So she does smack herself down as well as friendly units.

Seraphage likes this.
  11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Makes sense.
    After all, we can pick the mortis engine as comparison. It got a shooting attack (banshees) that it's explained in the Abilities, hits everything within range, BUT it explicitly affects only enemy units.

Bowser likes this.