1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T9A: Khuralshki Dwarves

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Karak Norn Clansman, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

Karak Norn Clansman Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to go weird! To the hilt.

As you can see here, the first Chaos Dwarf concepts of the 1980s had a distinctly twisted bend, and this style has been followed up by many different miniature manufacturers who have all given their very own interpretation of this evil Dwarf aesthetic, first pioneered by Citadel Miniatures. Such as:

Darkling Games

Clam's Ewal Dvergar

Four A Miniatures

Macrocosm

Oldhammer Miniatures by Andrew Taylor

Ral Partha

Wood Axe

Oldschool Miniatures

This style is only loosely based on historical armour suits and weapons, and is not founded on any particular culture. This won't do for the Ninth Age, and so here is a proposal from me: But much more from Uther the unhinged over on Chaos Dwarfs Online, who is a true fantasy visionary that can imagine whole bizarre armies filled with strange units at sweeping pace, and moreover have the writing skills to describe them in a thrilling manner. We both would like to see Oldhammer style Infernal Dwarves given a place of their own in the rich Ninth Age setting, and so we have gripped a crowbar to get one in on the map, in the hopes that T9A background developers picks up on it.

[​IMG]

The basic concept is one of a tragic post-apocalyptic landscape in the heart of the Wasteland, and of a mountain range that has been all but forgotten it existed by other races than Dwarves. The historical basis is loosely that of Udmurts and the Chuvash people of the Urals, and of Russia in general, though truly Dwarven in possessing full plate armour and other technologies. I will let Uther describe the strangeness:

Please share your thoughts, ideas and criticism for this corrupted Dwarf proposal! We'd love to hear it.

I have neither time nor intention of turning this into a Homebrew army book, though others are of course more than welcome to do so! :)

And now, get thinkin', and get thinkin' in weird ways...

Cheers

Reference Images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See also:
    Dwarven Holds of the Maidens (T9A Celts)
    Dwarven Holds of the Crimson Peaks (T9A Celtiberians)
    Nekoshim: Dwarven Holds of the Copper Mountains (T9A Nabateans)
    Dwarven Holds of the Sky Foothills (T9A Akha)
    Dwarven Holds of Aseadal Peaks (T9A Gaya Confederacy)
    Dwarven Holds of the Wrathful Mountains (T9A Inca)
    Lost Islander Dwarves (T9A Rapa Nui)
    Karuits: Polar Dwarves of Remotest Silexia (T9A Inuits)
    Cave Dwarves of the Mountains of Gold (T9A Prehistorical)
    Infernal Dwarves of the Torture Valleys (T9A Moche)
    Infernal Dwarves of the Barren Mountains (T9A Hittites)
    Borean Elves (T9A Finno-Ugrians)
    Saurian Ancients of Aotarakoa (T9A Indonesia)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  2. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

I just adore these posts and also Uther's fluffing! I don't think i'll be able to contribute in any meaningful way, but i'll still keep on reading! :D

3. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

Karak Norn Clansman Well-Known Member

@Paradoxical Pacifism : Cheers! I've passed on your praise to Uther. :)

Great background story update from Uther the unhinged on CDO:

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.