1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T9A: Polar Dwarves of Remotest Silexia (Inuit)

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Karak Norn Clansman, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

Karak Norn Clansman Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, do you agree that we gotta have Inuit Dwarves for the Ninth Age?

Thickly built Dwarves are well suited to survive in extreme environments, not least by the craftiness of their hands and minds. Polar Dwarves are to be found in the inhospitable climate of remotest Silexia to the far north. They are great hunters and fabled traders of ivory who seldom encounter people from the outside world. This warrior is armoured in bone lamellar with laminar back "wings" for rear protection. Note snow goggles.

[​IMG]

Inspired by the Stiffbeard in Sergio Artigas' Lotr Dwarf masterwork. His description for the Middle-Earth Dwarrows, for inspirational reference:

I'll have to be brief for the moment being. Please share your thoughts, ideas and criticism. There are a lot of fertile historical and mythological material to tap into for brainstorming about Eskimo Dwarves, and of course wacky fantasy potential in general for the Arctic region.

Let's make this happen! :)

A few reference images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Imrahil and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  2. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

Gargolock on CDO

[​IMG]

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  3. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

Imrahil and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  4. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

Here we have a possible sidetrack of development for our Polar Dwarves: They remain an open question.

When I first shared this Arctic Dwarven Holds concept on Chaos Dwarfs Online, Uther the unhinged was fired up with visions of Infernal Dwarves in the cold north:

Now there seem to be a slight chance that Uther's unhinged vision may come to life! See the comment of @'saint_barbara' beneath DracarysDrekkar7's Inuit Dwarf concept art (my emboldening):

Which encouraged this two-part evocative brainstorming on Uther's part. We hadn't yet named the Polar Dwarves Karuits when I shared the concept on CDO, so he made up his own name (and a good one I'd like to add) which I'd very much like to share for T9A considerations. We could talk about the DH Polar Dwarf concept as Karuit, and the likewise ID concept as Khinqwit. Well worth the read, regardless of whether you subscribe to the idea or not:

It seems there are mysteries up there in the cold, dark north... :D

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.