1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The April Poetry Contest has opened for voting! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

AoS Teleport Astrolith Bearer

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Hu3pfka3s3, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Hu3pfka3s3
    Jungle Swarm

Hu3pfka3s3 New Member

So you can't teleport the Sarus Astrolith Bearer and then plant his banner, nor you can't plant and then teleport him... am i right?

Captaniser likes this.
  2. LordRibbit
    Chameleon Skink

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

Counts as movement so afraid not!

3. Killer Angel
    Skar-Veteran

Killer Angel Well-Known Member

IMO yes, you CAN teleport the the Astrolith Bearer and then plant the banner.
    The teleport of Lords of Space and Time activates in the Hero Phase, so you teleport the Bearer. Unless you don't roll a 6 ", it counts as its move in its next movement phase
    in the same hero phase the ScarVet plants the Astrolith... the limitation is that he cannot move in the following movement phase.

The Bearer doesn't move in the movement phase: it has been moved in the hero phase, a thing that "counts as move", to avoid further movements

Koriialstraz, Furnus and Joshmunga like this.
  4. LordRibbit
    Chameleon Skink

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one I think! lol

5. Killer Angel
    Skar-Veteran

Killer Angel Well-Known Member

Well, by fluff it makes sense. When you plant the banner you cannot move, and you are planting it after the teleport.
    The teleport count as move, so it would negate abilities as the one of the Irondrakes, that can shoot twice if they didn't move in the previous phase... but you are planting the astrolith before the movement phase.

Seraphage likes this.
  6. Aginor
    Skar-Veteran

Aginor Well-Known Member

I'd also say it works. Planting the banner prevents him from moving in that round starting at that exact moment.
    Normally that means he cannot move at all because planting the banner happens in the phase before he can decide to move.
    In this case the movement happens before he can decide to put plant his banner, so he is moved, plants his banner, and regardless of the teleport maybe allowing him to move later, he cannot do it because he planted his banner.

7. Tokek
    Saurus

Tokek Active Member

Pretty sure it works. The Astrolith Bearer cannot move in the movement phase after teleporting (usually) and also cannot move after planting the banner, so doubly unable to move. Which is just fine. May as well give that model the Prism as it is definitely not moving in the movement phase anyway.

8. Aginor
    Skar-Veteran

Aginor Well-Known Member

Yeah the prism is perfect for support units like him.

9. LordRibbit
    Chameleon Skink

Just re-read the rules and I'd agree with you as long as you teleport before planting it!

Seraphage and Killer Angel like this.
  10. Koriialstraz
    Skink

Koriialstraz Member

I, too, agree with that. And I think that it's a good way to put your astrolith where it could be used perfectly.