1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanx for letting me in

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Glenstorm68, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Glenstorm68
    Jungle Swarm

Glenstorm68 New Member

I am completely new to AoS. Our LGS started a start up league and I joined a week late. After seeing what was in the league, I picked Seraphon because they looked great and there were no others in the group. There is oversaturation in many others, 3 Beast, 3 stormcast, lots of death-types...

Got 1 starter box, Kit-bashed per the forum to include Astro-bearer, sunblood and scar vet on cold-one.

1st 2 games w/ Carno w/ Scar-vet, 10 warriors, 5 knights, skink priest...
    Game 1 vs. Beastmen: ( 2x 10 gors, Wizard?, Giant rock throwing monster?, 5 centaur-things?)
    Went well. Giant rock thrower killed Starpriest before i got to do anything turn 1!!!! Carno got into his giant beast monster and destroyed it. After that, it was chasing everything down and winning!!!

Game 2 vs. Beastmen ( 2x 10 gors, Wizard?, Giant rock throwing monster?, 5 centaur-things?) Same army different player:
    This was much tougher. His giant stayed on the right objective and killed all of the warriors by throwing rocks. Carno went into the middle objective and started chasing gors. Eventually carno killed the gors and took the left objective. Knight were hurt and 2 hid in a forrest to keep the center obj. Carno killed his wiz at the left obj.
    The giant attacked the middle and gors held the rt obj. skink prest hid behind a forrest near the rt obj, close enough that he couldn't get attacked but close enough that the gors were stuck in the area to keep the rt obj.
    In the end, point were the same but I killed more wounds, so I won... I guess. It might have gone differently, but we were not sure about the giant's ability to see the knight in the forest to charge...

Anywho...
    First impressions:
    Sephron are super slow
    Getting a whole unit of warriors wiped by 2 thrown rocks, sucks!!
    Knights are pretty... meh. his centaurs move like crazy and seemed to hit much harder.
    the carno was a beast.
    didn't get much opportunity to use the skink starpriest. Everytime I cast, he dispelled

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Our starter box unfortunately isn't the best mix of units, but once you streamline your list a bit it will become better.
    If Saurus are too slow for you, you might want to play Skinks. They are nimble. :)

Welcome to the forums!

3. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Awesome, cant wait to see you around,
    definitely. I would have a box with a bastiladon, 20 skinks and a skink star priest/priest I think that would be a lot nicer

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

Nazqua and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard

As your army grows and you purchase a Slann you won’t say we are slow ;)

Teleportation is the new black

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I'd certainly give the Seraphon Tactics subforum a look for refining your play technique and figuring out which models to get next.

Let us know if you have any specific questions about gameplay, fluff, painting, or anything else.

Nazqua likes this.
  7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

First of all, welcome to lustria!

fun to say, our army is among the ones with the greatest mobility in all AoS.
    but we're not an easy-to-play army. Picked by themselves, our warscrolls are outdated and the unsupported units are weaker than their counterparts in other armies.

So you need to know what units need battalions to work (saurus warriors), what units rely on synergies, what is their role on the battlefield, that are our tools against specific threats, and so on.

we'll be happy to help you, take a look at the AoS subforum, you'll find me (and other helpful members) there. ;)

Warden and Crowsfoot like this.