1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS The 1k fun list - how it did in my friendly game.

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by m0gstar, Feb 21, 2017.

1. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

So yesterday I asked for someone to build me a ridiculously fun 1k list to play against my friend after work.

Bowser responded and built me the following (I used his slight variation in the comments because I wanted to try out the troglodon.)

My units

Skink Chief - General. Master of Defense, Relic blade (60)
    Skink Starpriest - Phoenix Stone (100)

Troglodon (200)

10x Skinks - Blowpipe + shield (80)
    20x Skinks - Blowpipe + shield (160)

3x Ripperdactyl (battalion) (120)
    3x Ripperdactyl (120)

Shadowstrike Starhost (120)

960/1000

Dwarven units

Dwarf Lord, Master of defense, Phoenix Stone
    10x Irondrakes
    10x Irondrakes
    10x Longbeards
    10x Longbeards
    10x Longbeards (or maybe hammerers?)

Set up as seen in my awesome illustration.

Deployment.jpg

First turn - I dropped my battalion and only had a few placements after. I elected for him to go first. I used my battalion ability and moved up ever so slightly so that he couldn't move forward and shoot with his irondrakes.

Dwarf 1st turn - he shuffles units around to protect the flanks of his irondrakes on the top left. Longbeards (or hammerers?) moves up barely into the forest for the cover save. End of turn

Seraphon 1 - Skink starpriest rolls 1 and is befuddled from the realmgate which rolled mystical. Rest of the units move up. Skinks move up along left onto the hill toward the other realmgate and kill like 1 longbeard from shooting. Starpriest battalion ability goes on the irondrakes to reroll 1s of hits and wounds on the irondrake unit top left. I focus shooting into them and bring rippers down behind the irondrakes to try to diminish the hurt they dish out. With rerolls and as much shooting as I could do. I take down 7 of the 10. Rippers (even nerfed) still threw out a majority of the wounds in melee.

I win initiative.

Seraphon 2 - Units move around some more to pressure objectives. Skink rolls double ones on cast attempt and doesn't do anything. Batallion ability goes on the other unit of irondrakes, hoping that they can make a longball charge and do some work (spoiler it doesn't happen!). Shooting on the left side of the board goes into the longbeards. some shots go into the irondrakes on the right, and maybe kill one. Charge gets off for the Troglodon into the longbeards, Rippers roll a 3 and only have the option to go into the other unit of longbeards on the right (with no toad bonus! :( ). Combats kill some longbeards on left. Troglodon takes 2 wounds. Rippers on right kill some dudes and take a wound back. Rippers on the irondrakes finish them off.

Dwarf 2 - Lord moves toward the rippers on the left to try to get some work done. Longbeards (or hammerers) in center hold in the forest for the objective on right. Irondrakes put out something like 16 wounds on the rippers on the left and kill them all. In combats, more longbeards die. Troglodon kills all but one (who ends up staying from the longbeard ability) takes 3 wounds back. Rippers kill about half the remaining longbeards who have re-roll saves from shield wall.

Seraphon win initiative again

Seraphon 3 - All i have to do is move up my 20 skinks to within range of the fourth objective marker to win the game by holding all 4 with more models - GG

Was fun overall and still very impressed with Ripper damage (thank goodness for re-rolls).

Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Sounds like a really fun game! Glad we didn't build a slow army for going against dwarfs! Haha!

m0gstar likes this.