1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Arena of Death!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Xlcontiqu, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Dang was hoping to make it to the top but oh well

2. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

Nobody beats a Boozebeard!

3. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

You know, I actually was a bit worried about facing you, Craken. Mainly your Glittering scales/Sword of Striking combo, so all I had to hope for was my higher toughness and that trusty Halberd.
    Apparently I had a bit of luck for having the Halberd though.

Ha, I'm facing Yzan. What a nice coincidence, he just happened to tell me how he'd probably win against me yesterday. (I know the guy)
    Well then bud, lets see about that, shall we?

Cheers!

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Ya I was hoping to win, both were good builds. Good luck against the orc.

5. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Got my guy built for the next round :)

6. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

Wow, the oldbloods are dropping... expected to see at least 2 in the semi-finals...

Still backing Xlcontiqu, that KB's gotta shine through sometime! lol

Go the assassin! Show them Lords what the lower ranks can do!

7. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

Yeah that assasin is looking pretty hot with killing blow against a dwarf where that armour isn't going to help. Still i hope the oldblood does well since i've just recently startd this army and fallen in love with it...

8. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

I'm not too worried. All I need is one killing blow free round to pound that assassin into goo.

9. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

i'm not sure who i want to win that roudn they both have so much flavour to me.

10. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

In the red corner, weighing in a 93 pounds, its the Nightwalker! An ambitious young dark elf with everything to prove, this plucky young... girl(?) won't let anything get in her(?) way. And in the blue corner, weighing in at 245 pounds, Blorney Boozebeard! This mighty old dwarf has come out of retirement to prove that honest dwarven craftsmanship and skill will beat anything it comes against.

And coming back from the dead... it's Grumloc 'Edbasha! This violent orc won't let anything stop him, he's out for vengeance. He will taste Boozebeard blood or die trying! But first he has to defeat... Geir-Koa! This butcher from Oyxl will stop at nothing to restore the lizardmen to their rightful place of power!

Who's going to win this tourny? Who will take the gold? Tune in to find out!

11. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

First read that as 'Go Koala!', but not to be picky about fictional characters but the oldblood's name is Qrix. :D

Cheers!

12. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

I thought the dwarf would take me...ahh well time to plan for the next.

Good descriptions again, awesome work.

13. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

Sorry, there are just too many lizards here. I got confused :shifty:

14. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Aieee! I am mortally wounded... Damnable Nightwalker! At least I survived one round and took the hated foe with me into the abyss.

That's a really effective character build there, Xlcontiqu; there's not a lot that can dodge that many potential killing blows. As an Elf I'm ashamed to say it, but I'll have to back the stodgy old Dwarf from here on out- there's just no way I can cast my lot with a Druchii, especially not one that killed me!

15. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

Round 3 results are in!

Xlcontiqu vs. Chahlie

The young assassin moved quickly, immediately closing in on the slower Dwarf and lashing out with a huge number of attacks. The hardy Dwarf's armour managed to absorb most of the blows, but with a last final attack the Assassin lashed out, driving his dagger towards the slit in the Dwarf's helm. The runes activated, but could not stop the ferocity of the assault. The Dwarf fell, and the Assassin removed his dagger, another enemy falling on his deadly blades. (I managed to only score one killing blow, but the Dwarf rolled a 3 for his ward save and died.)

Winner: Xlcontiqu

hellbreaker vs. Yzan

The Oldblood and Black Orc stared each other down, the hatred in their eyes very evidently. They lunged at each other, and the Oldblood's halberd quickly gashed the side of the Black Orc. The orc roared, his bloodthirsty blade turning red in anger and lashing out. The rage behind the attacks surprised the Oldblood, his cold-blooded senses not reacting quickly enough to stop the blade. His armour did very little to stop it, and the magic of his talisman glimmered once, but could not stop the blade. With his dying breath, he slashed out with his halberd, hoping to take down the enemy with him. It would not be enough, the blade embedding itself in the orc's shoulder and missing his head by mere inches. (This was a close one, with the Oldblood scoring two wounds to the Warboss' three in the first round. The Oldblood could only make one of his rerollable armour saves and thus died. A little bit of good luck to the Warboss, as in the second round, it would have become even harder to kill the Oldblood.)

Winner: Yzan

And so we go to the finals, the nimble Assassin against the bloodthirsty Black Orc. Who will reign supreme as the deadliest in the Arena of Death?

16. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

Darn! I was sure I was going to win! I owe my brother a soda. Ah well, I'm just happy to be a part of this.

17. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

This is interesting, the returning wildcard VS the assassin! Killing blows will probably duff over "Da boss" but if not we might have a wildcard victory!

Looking forward to the next one, Leo's got some new toys and is ready to play! :rage:

18. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

19. Mutten90
    Skink

Mutten90 New Member

Man that killing blow is just killing everything, who would have thought the Hero level character coming this far to the finals. Let's go Xlcontiqu!

20. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

Lol the funny thing is, he's not even a hero, he's a unit upgrade, like a fanatic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.