1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS The Awaking of Lord Tactix, Slann Starmaster of Itza - A campaign story

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Flo, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

Hey folks, my local GW Store is hosting a nice story campaing. It is located on the Realm of Ghur and timeline wise somewhere in the Malign Potents Story Arc but before release of Soul Wars.

Rules are at the beginning no Nighthaunt, Sacrosanct Stormcast, magic items, named characters and endless spells.

One of the employees is hosting the campaign and there will be specific scenarios for each match witch some special rules, we are hyped for this campaign and i will try to share it to you! Lots of long storyreading will be in this thread, alongside with all the battlereports of my Seraphon and also additional stuff so if you don't like this kind of threads, i warned you :p

If you like this kind of threads, enjoy!

"Lord Tactix of Itza is sleeping restless. Disturbing dreams of different places, on different worlds. Here in Itza, first of all cities, deeply hid in Lustria, remainings of the old world, unknown by most beeings. Saved thanks to Slann Starmasters of long forgotten times used all their power to save the city when the world itself came to an end. Many Starmasters wander through space and time to look for the last key they need to restore the great plan of the old ones. But Lord Tactix of the second spawning, has not yet awaken from his last battle aons ago. Against a foulish creature, calling itself a 'Chaosgod'. Slaanesh. He was unable to defeat the unholy creature and with the last shimmer of his once incredible might, he could save his fellow Seraphon and himself, teleporting them back to their hidden City. Even today, thousands of years later. On the remains of a shattered world, he is still asleep.

Always watched by his loyal Skink Starpriest Kro'altil he is dreaming and wandering the countless realms with his magical essence, searching for the last piece to finally destroy the foulish chaos mights and restore the plan of the old ones. None of the other Starpriests know, he is still alive, even most Seraphon think he passed away, aons ago.

Today, something is differen. Skink Starpriest Kro'altil noticed. His Master is not only moving in his dreams, he even mutters words, an almost forgotten language. Kro'atill could not understand everything, but he knew it was of most importance. He crawled to the throne of his old master and listened, putting the words on old stone-plates, older then the world itself.

"Destruction ... Death ... the key ... Ghur"

Kro'altil could not make any sense out of this at the moment so he placed the stone plates among the others in this sacred chamber. Ready to go on other duties he notices an awkward silence behind himself. As he turned around, he could not trust his eyes. His master was awake!

"Kro'altil. Gather some scouts. I need you to explore a different world called Ghur. Report me soon and await my arrival."

The Slann Magepriest startet glowing with light, even more intense then the brightest sunlight and in the split of a moment, Kro'altil found himself in an unkown field. He recognized the Saurus Sunblood Kra'utzok, materialising with some cohorts of Saurus Warriors right next to him. With some time more Skinks and other Seraphon apperead. Instinctively, the Seraphon began to explore this new world to fulfil the orders of their master"

Warden, Crowsfoot, Furnus and 4 others like this.
  2. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

3. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Waiting for more! :D

4. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

Sorry really busy at the Moment, waiting for the weekend

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  5. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

Well I'm back! Got some spare time and will post some stuff!

My first game in the campaign was against Idoneth-Deepkin, my opponent already played some games so he got some artifact tokens and his mission was to craft an artifact. As it was my first game the organizer decided to just let my army step into this new world and explore it a bit.

We played in an underground area, full of ancient ruins (to all the others just mystic ruins, to my Seraphon they identified as old lizard ruins, which would be very useful later on)

Story part:
    Idoneth:
    The Idoneth already wandered through the underground caves for a couple of weeks. Everywhere they found ancient ruins, covered in dust. They did not know what they where, but the wizards where sure, they had seen the symbols somewhere before. Every once in a while they stumbled across some goblins, trolls or other creatures of the caves. Finally they reached their destination, a smith, older than most of themselves and tried to fortify it while the Wizards startet their crafting ritual.

Seraphon:
    Kro'altil instinctively knew where he was. He saw the structures of an abandoned lizard city from aeons ago. Over the past decades the earth reclaimed the once glorious city and covered it in dust. Kro'altil was sure, his master sent him to this place to recover some of the old artifacts so he commanded Kra'utzok and his Saurs to explore the city and purge it from intruders, which he knew where near.

Rules:
    We played modified rules from the Core Rulebook for games in the underground along with some scenario specific rules.
    -Limited sight: all spells and shooting stuff is limited to 12", no flying rule as the ceiling is too low (flying units allowed but the flying rule does not apply), no monsters "Glowing Units"(Units or characters with lanterns, glowing armor pieces and the like can be seen all the time)

-Ancient Ruins of the Light: Bravery +1 for all Order Units -1 Bravery for all the others (yeah was not very relevant but the scenario was written for a different opponent)

-Hidden spawning pools: As the ruins where a lost lizard city, there where a lost spawning pool left and still (mostly) intact. Whenever a Saurus Unit was completely destroyed, i could deploy it in my next hero phase on the part of the area declared as spawning pool

-Searching for Artifacts: Every hero inside a ruin building could Search for Hidden treasures: At the end of the Turn roll a D6 for a hero inside an ruin
    natural 1 you find a unit that attacks you (some veins or trolls or goblins)
    2-4 nothing happens but you add +1 to future searching rolls
    5 you find an artifact token (if you found more tokens you can craft them to an artifact)
    natural 6 you find an artifact or endless spell

ruins can be searched until either 2 tokens have been found or a natural 6 has been rolled

-crafting Artifacts (Idoneth only in this scenario): The wizard is busy crafting an artifact, he cannot try to cast or unbind spells at the end of his hero phase he rolls 2 D6 for each Spellslot (maximum 2) and just sum up the rools, when you hit 15 the artifact is crafted

Winning Conditions:
    As the campaign is more about fun than about just winning we were told to play friendlier lists than usual and there are no real winners. Everyone has his own objective and if that player achieves it he could consider it a win. Idoneth needed to craft their artifact. Seraphon needed to clear the ruins and search for ancient stuff

My Army List:
    Kro'altil Skink Starpriest
    Kra'utzok Saurus Sunblood
    30 Saurus Warriors with Spears
    10 Saurus Warriors with Clubs
    10 Saurus Warriors with Clubs
    Sunclaw Battallion
    2 Salamanders

Idoneth List from what i remember:
    Wizard (did nothing but crafting)
    1 Hero on a Seahorse (Arkhelian Bla or something)
    2 Units of those nasty Seasnake Riders
    1 Unit of those Melee Elfs without Eyes (Namarthi yadayada)

Round one:
    The Idoneth got to deploy first as they already where on the smith and i just deployed afterwards on my part of the field. Idoneth rolled the first turn, moved around a little and the wizard started crafting. I moved my Skink Starpriest into one of the ruins, my Sunblood into another. My Saurus und Salamanders wandered closer to the idoneth. At the end of my turn i could "search" the ruins for hidden treasures. But it seemed like my dice knew, that my Heroes knew, that this is an ancient lizard city. And therefore they knew exactly where the treasures are used to be. I rolled a natural 6 for both my Heroes and the organizer declared that he didn't thought of that but he will think of 2 artifacts for me after the game. So my heroes found two artifacts but they where already covered in thousand year old stuff and the couldn't really recognize it at the moment.

NPC Round one: (we learned that after both players turns there will be an NPC round for the new habitants of the city aka Goblins and stuff)
    Some great rumbling and mumbling could be heard all over the battlefied. Sometimes small shadows would flicker across the ceilings (He clearly stole that one from LOTR, Mines of Moria)

Round two:
    Idoneth wizard crafted again, some more unit movement as we had a lot of terrain blocking our sight additionally to the 12". I went with my heroes over to the next ruins and found another Artifact Token with my priest (Well most lizard cities are build similar plus he can read the runes right? right.) Sunblood found a little cavetroll and just slayed it in the combat phase without even thinking further about it (Look its a Box - Oh there is a troll in it - Damnit now the troll is dead and i have nothing left to do this turn)

NPC Round two:
    The rumbling and mumbling came closer an on the ceiling some flickering flames appeared on the ceiling. Sight increased by 6" nothing more.

Round three:
    Idoneth Wizard rolled really bad and was unable to finish his crafting. There where some charges but nothing serious. Kro'altil continued to search and again found an artifact token. Kra'utzok decided it was time for some more fighting and joined his Saurus Warriors. Some dead Saurus and some dead Aelfs. Slamanders did nothing.

NPC Round three:
    A bursting flame flashed across the ceiling: in an hidden room above our cave a very powerful burning head endless spell wandered through the second level of the underground cave. It was too far above to be dangerous for us but it is made of fire and the ceiling has numerous holes soo:
    The left half of the field is covered in bright light. All units within this half are visible to everyone and get -1 to hit in both shooting and melee as the sudden burst of light blinds them. All units in the other half are still covered in darkness, they get +1 for to hit for targets in the "light" area as they can see them very good (shooting and combat again)

Round 4:
    The Idoneth wizard finished crafting his artifact and as most of his army was in his half while my was in the darker half i had an light (see what i did there) advantage. My Saurs Sunblood charged his Arkhelian Knight, the big blob charged his larger seasnakes, both of my 10 blob Saurus got killed and would come back in Round in my spawning pool. Both my Sunblood and the big blob where in my half while his units where covered in light so he got -1 to hit while i got +1 which leads to my Sunblood killing his Arkhelian Hero while my Saurus killed the Seasnakes. Very nice round for me.

NPC Round 4:
    The Burning Head moved across the ceiling to cover my half in light while his was again dark, same rules as before but just switched sides.

Round 5: My Sunblood charged his wizard in an attempt to kill the Aelf who was foolish enough to craft an artifact in the ancient holy smith. He surely must die for this heresy. Every other Unit on the field besides my Starpriest got stuck in combat. There where lots of slaughtering on both sides, not so nice for me this time as i got -1 to hit and he got +1. At the end of Round 5 his Wizard was still alive, but most of his army was dead. My big blob died too but my heroes where alive

Resume:
    He crafted a nice healing artifact which lets him Heal D3 Wounds each hero phase to the bearer OR 1 Wound to a unit within 12" of the bearer. Plus once per battle he could instead heal the bearer for D6 Wounds

I got 2 connected mirrors, one of them let me roll on the beginning of my hero phase, 5+ i get an additional CP
    the other was rolling in the beginning of the enemy hero phase, 5+ he does not get a CP this turn
    Very fun games and the campaign is awesome!

ravagekitteh and Aginor like this.
  6. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

TheCrazyKhorneGuy Well-Known Member

dude thats awesome!
    i love narrative campaigns