1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS The Aztec awesomeness of Seraphon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by sempthegreat, May 29, 2019.

1. sempthegreat
    Skink

sempthegreat Member

Hello everyone!

I recently got into AoS and started out with Fyreslayers as they got their new Battletome. However, what made me dig deep into AoS was my love for the Lizardmed/Seraphon and their Aztec aesthetics. I have no decided to give into my weakness and start a Seraphon army, which is to be my main army. However I do have some concerns regarding the future of Seraphon, mainly that of their design. As the thread name suggests, what I love about the Seraphon is the Aztec inspiration in their lore and design - however with many of the units being older models and needing an update, I'm afraid they'll lose their ties to the Aztec look. What do you guys feel about this- and how likely do you think this will happen?

- Sempthegreat

2. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Congrats Seraphon are quite glorious. If you want any painting tips just look at basically any paint blogs and you can see color schemes etc. my blog is called My Lord Kroak and Other Models. However I would look at others because I am definitely not anywhere near as good as some members on the forum.

LizardWizard and Imrahil like this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Hard to tell, but I think they have a good chance to keep that. It is fairly unique (certainly more unique than the Roman/Greek style columns and stuff the SCE have, and it is all over the artworks in books etc.

LizardWizard, Imrahil and Seraphage like this.
  4. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Hi there and welcome along on the forum!

I think the main concern is that the Seraphon need an update in Battletome and some new units will be nice.
    But if GW decides to loose the Aztec theme, they probably loose the total fanbase

So i do not think it will go that far

Gr, Imrahil

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Welcome to the forums!

I’d say that’s a pity, because in my view at least Fyreslayers are a lot better AoS army (I play Lizardmen in Fantasy, which is principally why I’m here, but I just think GW botched the AoS version of Lizardmen, in particular what GW have allowed them to become with the powercreep), especially with their new book that allows them to take down most of the other top-tier armies now. If I were you, I would stick with Fyreslayers as your main army at least until Seraphon get a new Battletome - hopefully by then GW will have sorted out the army’s problems and will have made it easier to win using a build other than the (really boring) strategy of Skink chaff, auto-include Slann and multiple Engines of the Gods spamming Ripperdactyls.

However, as you are an aspiring Seraphon player, by all means feel free to still enjoy the forum, as you can easily monitor the gaming state of the army, show folk your models (I’d be interested in seeing your Fyreslayers in a blog here) and have fun writ Ng your own lore.

I’d say GW will just keep all the existing models, add in a scenery piece and endless spells, and possibly add in a couple of plastic remakes of existing models here and there if they’re feeling generous. Seraphon got a Battletome in first edition so it’s highly unlikely GW will get rid of them completely, but from what we’ve seen so far in AoS GW seem to be unwilling to give them much favouritism from a new models point of view, so I think we can rest easy in the case of the Aztec aesthetic being kept.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria.

I am glad you have found fellow lizards. Like yourself, I find the Mesoamerican aesthetic of the army to be one of its main draws.

Imrahil likes this.