1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The dreaded warhammer prices topic

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, Mar 15, 2009.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed that the prices of the new Lizardmen are surprisingly good compared to other armies of late? I was very happy to pick up one of the new stegadons for 65AUD rather than getting the cheaper price online from Maelstrom and waiting a week or two for it to arrive. It seemed like a fair price to me for a great model which is a decent size and comes with lots of pieces and options, plus was a lot cheaper than the old one.

Chakax is going for $22, I will be happy to pay that price for him. DE's pay that price for their non special character heroes, which are much skinnier and less than Chakax. Most foot special characters tend to sell for 25-30, or even more in some cases. For his size, I think it is a fair price.

And I thought a Slann for $55 was not too bad. I expected him to be at least 65, maybe more. In which case I would have ordered it online. Though now I have it, its not really that big, still not too bad.

On the other hand, the army books being $42 now is crazy. I wouldn't pay that, hit Maelstrom for it. And it will be pretty expensive to get a unit of terradons or kroxigors. I guess it is a bit of a mixed bag, I was pretty happy with the price set for stegadons, Chakax and Slann. And most of the boxes are just standard.

2. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

$150 for a batallion box from a games workshop or $120 from an independant stocker... hmmm ;)

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah I never said they were as good as independants, I still bought a lot of my army from IS's. Just saying that some things were reasonable enough for me to think it was worth just wandering into my local GW and buying rather than ordering, which I haven't done at all for my past couple of armies. Was the first time I went into an actual store in probably 18 months, amybe two years.

4. diablarist
    Skink

diablarist New Member

i was plesantly serprise about the price of the new steradon, i thought it was gona be horricly expensive.

5. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Well I think the fact that it's all plastic help makes the price quite bearable. Just wish I had some decent income....lol.