1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The first Scratch Sculpted terradon

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by wappellious, Oct 25, 2009.

1. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

I know I have been promising pictures of these for a while... but now I have finally finished the first scratch sculpted terradon!

It was made from Apoxy sculpt and green stuff. I will post some WIP images as well. I made an armature of wire, and then put a membrane of tin foil to create the wings. Layers of Apoxy sculpt to bulk out the body and wings, with the final details made with the green stuff.

A regular plastic skink was put on his back. I've got 11 more of these under way!

Here's the images:

ScratchSculptedterradonONEPB1.jpg

ScratchSculptedterradonONEPB2.jpg

Warden likes this.
  2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Very nice. I'll take 9.
    JK :D

3. slannfrog
    Cold One

slannfrog Member

I really like your painting style, it's very unique.
    Keep up the good work.

4. The Lybithian
    Chameleon Skink

The Lybithian New Member

aMAZING.

Keep it up!

5. Quetzal
    Jungle Swarm

Quetzal New Member

I really like this! Reminds me a lot of 40k tank paint schemes. Up for sale?

6. Trevy the Great
    Skink

Trevy the Great New Member

Holy crap, that's awesome! Scratch scultped, you say? Excellent work.
    It looks like some massive manta or something (as in the scary underwater animal), only one that you can ride! :D

7. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

Thanks for all the kinds words!

These scratch sculpted terries are a big part of my army. Perhaps at some point I can make a few more for sale. The lizard air force must be completed by November for a few tournaments coming up!

8. lorslimshady
    Skink

lorslimshady New Member

Really good, i love the colour scheme on the skink. I think the terradon mouth looks a bit goofy though

9. srowland98
    Jungle Swarm

srowland98 New Member

I dig the paint job and base. Nice job! :p

10. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

You and your complimentary colours! The horns on the terradon, the small bracelets and javelin-head on the skinks... This model is far far nicer than the previous terradon you showed us before.

As a side note someone mentioned in the skaven discussion thread that you should get one of the new skaven plague furnaces and I must admit that as soon as I saw the model I thought of your OSL: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...20206010_SkavenScreamingBellMain2_873x627.jpg

11. ColdBlood666
    Chameleon Skink

ColdBlood666 New Member

Slightly off topic but I wanted to congragulate wappelious on his entry into the golden daemon I noticed it on the GW site. I think it was bs you got bronze for that though I thought your slann was way better then the other entries in the category.

12. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

Thanks for the kind words!

There was a crazy situation there where a person was caught cheating in the 3 fantasy categories, which is why it took so long for them to appear in the first place ;)

My salamanders got bumped up to silver, with Babo then getting a bronze.

You never know what they will be looking for. I don't even go near the minis once they have been entered. I head over to the art contest area and paint the rest of the day away! This year they had the Armies on Parade, so I was with my Demonhunter army for a long time as well.

We will probably be doing Gen Con next year, since there will probably not be a GD in Chicago.