1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog The Legendary Lord Project

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Oh_Man, May 17, 2018.

1. Oh_Man
    Cold One

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Bastiladon (Solar Engine) complete. Not happy with the gem though. Anyone got suggestions to improve it?
    [​IMG]
    Known to the Skinks as the Bastiladon, this hulking quadruped is perhaps the most heavily-armoured beast in Lustria. It is a walking fortress, a living bastion covered in rock-hard bony skin, and then further protected by massive iron-like plates - a natural armour so dense that it can, sometimes, thwart the bite of the mighty Carnosaur. Even those blows that crack the outermost armour plates cannot penetrate deeply into the beast due to the Bastiladon's alternating layers of thick leathery skin and additional scales. Their incredibly thick and armoured hides allow them to carry devices which other beasts, even the revered Stegadon, steadfastly refuse. These revered and holy objects are mounted upon the great beast's back so that they might be activated to smite any who dare set foot in sacred Lustria.

Upon need, the eldritch and inexplicable artefact known as a Solar Engine is taken from its secure chamber deep within the confines of a pyramid-temple and manoeuvred onto a Bastiladon’s carapace. Skink Priests declare that the Bastiladon is favoured by Chotec — the Lord of the Sun — and that this creature alone is worthy to carry the Solar Engine. Whether this is true, or if the hoary Bastiladon is simply the only jungle creature that will bear the superheated device upon its back, is unknown. When activated, the arcane machine radiates invigorating rays that stir nearby reptilian creatures to energetic new heights of action and violence. When the attending Skink crew intone the correct blessings to Chotec, the Solar Engine also blasts forth a beam of intense heat, which burns the foe like the condensed rays of the sun itself.

The big boys:
    [​IMG]

Sylvaneth Reshoots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My Lizardmen collection has gotten too big for one shelf so I've decided to split up the shelves with Skinks on one and Saurus on the other. You can also glimpse some future projects waiting to receive the brush:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

That's all, folks!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019 at 3:05 PM
    Lium, Warden, tom ndege and 4 others like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Ooooohhh, nice work!

As for the gem: you could try a careful edge highlight with white, and/or apply a yellow glaze, and/or apply a bit of gloss varnish.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Oh_Man and Imrahil like this.
  3. Imrahil
    Ripperdactil

Imrahil Well-Known Member

Impressive armies already, and still a lot to paint ;)
    Good job:artist: and Good luck

regarding the Bastilodon Gem, bit of bright white on the edges might do it.

Gr, Imrahil

[edit: Aginor beat me to it ;)]

Oh_Man likes this.
  4. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

Good stuff like it a lot!

Maybe try a colour change - grading in or out of yellow at either end?

Oh_Man likes this.
  5. Warden
    Skink Priest

Warden Well-Known Member

That is some high quality work!

Oh_Man likes this.
  6. Oh_Man
    Cold One

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Kroxigors:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Kroxigors are giant crocodilian relatives of the Saurus. They are hulking creatures, their bodies consisting of slabs of rock-hard muscle and massive jaws bristling with razor-sharp teeth. When enraged, they unleash their only form of speech - a blood-curdling roar that reverberates across the jungle. During times of war, units of Kroxigors are used as shock troops to batter enemy battlelines. In combat, formations of Kroxigors and Skinks prove unusually effective, with the Skinks able to pepper foes with poison-tipped javelins before crashing headlong into combat, where they are backed up by the crushing power provided by the mighty Kroxigors. Because of their massive frames, Kroxigors can easily reach over any intervening Skinks, allowing the reptilian giants to pulp more than their share of any foe.

Khorgorath. This has been sitting in my Age of Sigmar starter box for a long time but I have always been itching to paint this one model in particular and finally I decided I couldn't wait any longer and assembled and painted it. Hopefully I will get around to the rest of the box one day. I have told myself I won't be purchasing Soul Wars until I do - and I really want to paint up some of the Souls Wars models too :p
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The Khorgorath hurls itself into battle with untamed savagery. Every swing of its grotesquely swollen limbs throws broken foes through the air. Every snap of its claws sees another head torn bloody from a ragged, spurting neck. Blades glance off its iron-hard flesh to no avail, while even those attackers who draw blood rarely live long enough to enjoy their triumph. Within moments, little but torn meat remains of the foe, the din of battle replaced by the awful crunch and slurp as the Khornate beast gluts itself upon a feast of severed heads.

And chipping away at my Endless Spells collection. Burning Head:
    [​IMG]
    Formed from the fires of Aqshy, the Burning Head is a blazing skull that scorches its way across the battlefield, incinerating ranks of troops and inflaming the anger of those who draw close.

Prismatic Palisade:
    [​IMG]
    The crystalline spars of the Prismatic Palisade are formed of pure light, hardened into a barrier that bathes those on the battlefield in the blinding rays of Hysh.

Geminids of Uhl-Ghysh:
    [​IMG]
    Drawn from the twilight demi-realm between Hysh and Ulgu, the Geminids lash out with the raw magic of light and shadow, annihilating the flesh and alternately filling the mind with horrific lies and unbearable truths.

Chronomantic Cogs:
    [​IMG]
    Like the procession of the heavens, the rotations of the Chronomantic Cogs control the passage of time, allowing wizards to speed or slow the events that are unfolding around them.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019 at 2:47 PM
  7. Imrahil
    Ripperdactil

Imrahil Well-Known Member

Your work looks spectacular, very clean painting:artist:

Gr, Imrahil

Oh_Man likes this.