1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Lizards for the north

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by lord karnik, May 8, 2009.

1. lord karnik
    Saurus

lord karnik New Member

So started collecting a while back and have some painting done hope you all enjoy it

The start: Skink
    th_liz3-28001-1.jpg
    th_Picture018.jpg
    th_liz3-28007.jpg
    th_IMG_3007.jpg
    th_IMG_3012.jpg

for my first models (2 years ago) I was happy with them

p next Saurus: I added a few extras to this so you could see the bases I made. i had a lot of fun with them and it was a good way for me to use green stuff for the first time. I plan to have my Carnisour on the same surface but having the sandstone cracking under his weight. Still not sure how I will do it tough

th_saurus4-9014.jpg
    th_saurus4-22001.jpg
    th_moto016.jpg
    th_moto014.jpg
    th_moto001.jpg
    th_IMG_2909.jpg
    th_IMG_2928.jpg
    th_IMG_2937.jpg

Now a few more monstor types:

Salamanders: I am very happy with these and the contrast to the skin to the scales
    th_IMG_2968.jpg
    th_IMG_2969.jpg
    th_IMG_2970.jpg

krox: Painted them in a similar fashion to the Saurus as I have always viewed them as over sized saurus any ways
    th_IMG_3159.jpg
    th_IMG_3154.jpg

Stegadon: Quite happy with the results here:
    th_IMG_3190.jpg
    th_IMG_3193.jpg
    th_IMG_3178.jpg
    th_IMG_3184.jpg
    th_IMG_3186.jpg

Scarvet on a cold one:
    th_IMG_3217.jpg
    th_IMG_3219.jpg
    th_IMG_3223.jpg

So that is the army I hope you all enjoy, I also have a Slann done but he is getting zapped back to nothing so you do not want to see him!

Thanks for any and all comments/ Critiques

LORD K

2. lord karnik
    Saurus

lord karnik New Member

any help making the links appear as thumbnails would be great!

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

There are no thumbnail abilities here... I will edit your post and see if I can't make them images instead. URL tags are disabled at the moment to slow SPAMbots, images should work. So in future, ditch the url tags.

Edit: Nope, I tried changing a couple and no luck. If you have them all in photobucket, try copying the bit that says 'direct link' below the photos and putting img tags around it. Should work. I did look at your first pic, are all that small or is that just the thumbnail? Just post the full pic as long as it doesnt stretch the screen too much. Imma ask Sammy to put url tags back on.

Edit: Look at that, image tags work in my post. ALL THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE MADE FROM THE ORIGINAL POSTER OF THIS THREAD, NOT ME.

When Sammy replies I will tell you what is going on with tags.

The start: Skink
    th_liz3-28001-1.jpg
    th_Picture018.jpg
    th_liz3-28007.jpg
    th_IMG_3007.jpg
    th_IMG_3012.jpg

for my first models (2 years ago) I was happy with them

p next Saurus: I added a few extras to this so you could see the bases I made. i had a lot of fun with them and it was a good way for me to use green stuff for the first time. I plan to have my Carnisour on the same surface but having the sandstone cracking under his weight. Still not sure how I will do it tough

th_saurus4-9014.jpg th_saurus4-22001.jpg th_moto016.jpg th_moto014.jpg th_moto001.jpg th_IMG_2909.jpg th_IMG_2928.jpg th_IMG_2937.jpg
    Now a few more monstor types:

Salamanders: I am very happy with these and the contrast to the skin to the scales
    th_IMG_2968.jpg
    th_IMG_2969.jpg
    th_IMG_2970.jpg

krox: Painted them in a similar fashion to the Saurus as I have always viewed them as over sized saurus any ways
    th_IMG_3159.jpg th_IMG_3154.jpg

Stegadon: Quite happy with the results here:
    th_IMG_3190.jpg th_IMG_3193.jpg th_IMG_3178.jpg th_IMG_3184.jpg th_IMG_3186.jpg

Scarvet on a cold one:
    th_IMG_3217.jpg th_IMG_3219.jpg
    th_IMG_3223.jpg

4. lord karnik
    Saurus

lord karnik New Member

thank you very much mod god strewart

5. slannFrogy
    Skink

slannFrogy New Member

love them

6. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Great looking figures mate!

Especially like the basing. I intend to try something similar using greenstuff to make flagstones. My idea was to make the ground greyish but I will consider the sandstone look.

7. lord karnik
    Saurus

lord karnik New Member

sand stone was quite easy I just covered the base then used a knife edge to make the divided areas, only issue is using a lot of green stuff!

tried and failed twice to make a base for the carnisour to be on. I want the sand stone with him stepping on it and it cracking and a footprint behind him.

any help/ideas would be great