1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The looming excitement that might be TW warhammer II

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by The Sauric Ace, Mar 9, 2017.

1. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

Righteo.

Now I have to clear a large TK force in similar circumstances. Two tries and two near fails.

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Meanwhile in the old world:

Aginor's Vampire Counts are spreading!
    100 turns in I have expanded quite a bit, and holy moly the game gets stressful as soon as you have more than 4-5 provinces and several armies and especially when you are in war with half a dozen factions... :rolleyes:
    Good thing is: Karl Franz is too busy with the latest Chaos invasion it seems, he suddenly offered peace, which gives me some breathing room to kill those damn Greenskins attacking from the south and the Nuln dudes from the west.

I also recruited Heinrich Kemmler and I have to admit that guy is pretty cool. :)

3. Papalugy
    Skar-Veteran

Papalugy Well-Known Member

As far as I know no there is no guide. I learned that trick by using pistoleers and wolf riders to pin skirmish cav and then bring in the heavy cav for the finisher. As for the Scar Vet HeirofCarnage got it just right, he can do pretty much what ever you need, especially important is his speed and anti-large.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Ooooohhh I have to try that trick for using bat swarms and Black Knights.....

Captaniser likes this.
  5. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Don't miss the make war not love event, you get some free dlc if you sign up.

War not love

6. discomute
    Terradon

The instrument

Writing about such a simple story was quite a risk. I like risks.

I have to say that I assumed that a skink would know a bit about music. They have their rituals, right? I suppose a guitar is different to what they would use. The fact that this story stopped to make me think is good too.

Overall it was a good not great story. Good because it was so well written simple and interesting. But it is hard to consider it great, it won't leave you with a lasting image like burning down a barn full of villagers, or a skink wondering if the slann remembered him wrong.

7. Papalugy
    Skar-Veteran

Both skinks and saurus know music, they do have regimental musicians. Also 5th had a short where a skink would play the panpipes to greet the sunrise then one day some elves shoot him because they were looting the place.

8. discomute
    Terradon

It's been a while since I bought models, but I assumed the regimental musicians were drummers, and you marched to the beat

9. HeirofCarnage
    Terradon

HeirofCarnage Well-Known Member

No no no!!! It's:

"Repeating to the sound of the beat"

If you are going to quote Queen, at least quote him right!:mad:;)

10. discomute
    Terradon

Would I make you more or less angry if I confessed I've no idea what you're on about

Edit - wtf
    How did I manage to post the short story critique in this thread??? Sorry everyone

11. discomute
    Terradon

Okay, on a Total War point... I fought the TK once and when I killed the general the whole army crumbled

So I focused during my difficult battle and after 3 goes knocked the TK off nice and early. But the army didn't die. Can anyone clarify for me how it works?

12. Aginor
    Slann

Ok guys I have a question:
    What would be a good Vampire Counts counter unit against Chaos Warriors with Halberds?
    My troops control everything between Drakenhof and Nuln but Chaos is marching and killing my dudes. They already destroyed half of the eastern Provinces of the Empire (turns out that was why Karl Franz suddenly wanted peace with me).
    I managed to kill one of their armies (the one with all the artillery) so they cannot attack my bigger settlements but in turn I lost an army of Skeeltons as well.

Captaniser likes this.
  13. Papalugy
    Skar-Veteran

Loosing the General give the entire army a leadership debuff. So if they were low enough it could cause the TK to start crumbling.

@Aginor Grave Guard with great weapons are your best unit against Chaos in general as they are mostly a heavily armored faction with little in the way of missile play. Use them to engage the Chaos infantry then rear charge with cav or big monsters, but don't leave them in against the halberds to long so remember to cycle-charge.

14. Aginor
    Slann

Ok I'll try that. Thanks!

15. HeirofCarnage
    Terradon

I was making a joke about this song. Hear the words "repeating to the sound of the beat" in the song.

discomute and Lord-Marcus like this.
  16. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

What he said.

I would also recommend some Cairn wraiths to hold them down, but zombies do the same job as well. Try to keep them de-buffed as long as possible, use soul blight and curse of years. And try to use spells on them in general. Wind of death, if timed correctly, can annihilate a unit in an instant. Or use fate of bjuna, it also burns right through elite infantry and cavalry.

Papalugy, Aginor and HeirofCarnage like this.
  17. Aginor
    Slann

Very useful, thanks!

Captaniser likes this.
  18. discomute
    Terradon

What does ''cycle change" mean?

19. HeirofCarnage
    Terradon

Cycle change???

Where did you hear "cycle change"?

20. HeirofCarnage
    Terradon

Or do you mean "cycle charge"?

Because cycle charging is when you charge the enemy, and then pull out after 10-15 seconds. Then you charge again.
    This keeps you from losing your charge bonus. It is known as cycle charging because there is a "cycle" if you will, of charging.

Papalugy likes this.