1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The looming excitement that might be TW warhammer II

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by The Sauric Ace, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

You don't just pull out, you reform then rush headlong in again

2. HeirofCarnage
    Terradon

HeirofCarnage Well-Known Member

Reread my comment. I said "Then you charge again".

3. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

A cycle-charge is something your Blood Knights can do once a month.

4. HeirofCarnage
    Terradon

:eek::jawdrop::facepalm::banghead::joyful:

Captaniser likes this.
  5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Noice

Captaniser likes this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Managed to keep Chaos at bay. Two very hard fights against armies that the game said were stronger than mine.
    In one case I managed to assassinate one of their heroes. That certainly helped.
    That and the great tips I got here. The Grave Guard with two handed weapons are great combined with some summoned Zombie chaff units and Black Knights flanking. I even made a circle charge once or twice.

The game called both Pyrrhic victories but I recovered well because of my good heroes and commanders healing.
    The third and fourth big Chaos armies were defeated by Karl Franz and the Dwarves. And fun fact: everyone likes me all of a sudden!
    My fight against Chaos and the Greenskins (thoses Greenasses started a Waagh in the west while I was fighting Chaos in the east so I killed everyone) helped my reputation so much that I now have a lot of treaties with almost all of my neighbors.
    So a little bit of breathing room is there and now I am moving into the former empire provinces that Chaos left empty.
    ...so they actually helped me, in a way. I didnt have to fight the Empire and their allies. I merely moved into the ruins of their cities. :D

Btw what is Mannfreds best mount? The flying horse looks kinda meh. Fast but a lot less armor and less attack... The Dragon looks cool but it also is slower... The best hitting and armored for melee fights is the first horse it seems? What am I missing?

Papalugy and Captaniser like this.
  7. Aginor
    Slann

Also: Black Coach or not? I am not sure what it even does for my army...

Captaniser likes this.
  8. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

The flying horse is fast and has great maneuverability and pretty good to assassinate lords with, but if you get caught by infantry or other cavalry, you tend to die pretty fast.

The dragon is pretty damn good. It is a bit slower and a larger target, but it makes up for it by being a monster on the battlefield. It decreases your stats a bit, but you get a much larger area of effect on your attacks and it is great against close to anything.

Aginor likes this.
  9. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

The black coach is a little weird. It functions like a chariot, so you can run right through infantry, but it need a lot of micro management to be any good. It's main goal is to run over infantry, but against spears it ain't that good. It is godly against dwarfs, they have no way of stopping it, but i would keep it away from slayers.

Aginor likes this.
  10. Papalugy
    Skar-Veteran

Papalugy Well-Known Member

Very good, I like it. Yah what the game considers a pyrrhic victory is a bit odd. I really like it when you convince factions that should hate you to like you. In one of my Lizardmen campaigns I've been kicking so much Empire and Dwarf but that the Beastmen love me. Also the dragon is definitely Manny's best mount.

Aginor likes this.
  11. Aginor
    Slann

@Papalugy that's pretty cool!
    Looking forward to playing the Lizardmen as soon as the price gets a bit more resonable.

@Captaniser Thanks!

12. Papalugy
    Skar-Veteran

Well it didn't help the Beastmen much cause I exterminated them as they are blights on the Great Plan. Also they were spreading tons of chaos corruption everywhere which was annoying.

Aginor likes this.
  13. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

Yes I did you mean. Cycle charge. How do you reform? Can you only do it if you're a multiple combatant?

14. Papalugy
    Skar-Veteran

Reforming refers to pulling out of a fight and having the unit reform their ranks before charging again. More specifically so that when the unit reengages it has the largest number of models possible fighting.

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  15. HeirofCarnage
    Terradon

You don't need a second unit (the anvil) to pin down the enemy, but you will be able to pull out your cav faster, and you will take less damage. You will also be able to perform another rear charge with your cav.

And to reform, just pull out of combat. If you pull the unit of cav back, it will automatically reform.

Papalugy likes this.
  16. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

Gotcha, thanks guys

17. Aginor
    Slann

I also have a question today:
    How do you fight with more than 20 units in a battle?
    I did it accidentally once or twice but haven't figured out when it happens...

Captaniser likes this.
  18. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

If you're being reinforced by a second army, or a city, there is a box called "control large army" in the pre-battle screen. If you mark that one, you control all the units, otherwise you only fight with the main army.

Aginor and HeirofCarnage like this.
  19. Aginor
    Slann

Ok, good. So my second army has to be right next to the main one? Or how far can it be away and still work?

HeirofCarnage and Captaniser like this.
  20. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Your second army has to be pretty close. When you're hovering over an enemy army or city, a yellow arrow will come from the second army, that points at your attacking army, to show that it's within supporting range.

Aginor and HeirofCarnage like this.