1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The looming excitement that might be TW warhammer II

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by The Sauric Ace, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Papalugy
    Skar-Veteran

Papalugy Well-Known Member

He is playing with Mixu's lord pack mod, most likely.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  2. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Hey, i've gotten a coupon for 50% off of total war: warhammer 2. Since i already own the game i can't use it, but if any of you want it just ask me here. The coupon expires on 21/11/2018 so i have to get rid if it soon.

3. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

I also got the coupon for Total Warhammer 2. Since I don't own it already I will use it
    I think you *could* buy it again and save a copy for a prize in a competition for us or something like trade it away for a game you want later on.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Meanwhile in my campaign:
    I continued playing after I won the vortex campaign end battle, and a few funny things happened.

I had to fight Malekith in the "defensive vortex battle" as Naggarond finished their last ritual (in fact they did so before I finished mine). The fight was easier than I thought and we won. Turns out that the guys on the dragons really hate being shot at by six units of Chameleon Skinks and three ancient Stegadons. And as soon as they land Kroq-Gar and a Skink Chief on an ancient Stegadon charge them. :D

The second weird thing is that while I cannot see the ritual progress bar anymore and cannot send intervention armies anymore, the Skaven still continue starting rituals, and getting hit by Chaos armies because of that. I wonder if they will also get the chance for completing the last ritual (so I will have to fight the "defensive vortex battle" again).

Alarielle is leading a big and powerful army to reconquer Ulthuan from me. I am fighting back though.
    Meanwhile I have trapped Teclis in Tlaxtlan, the last settlement the High Elves had taken from me during my last ritual. I took all others back in the meantime, and basically defeated Teclis, but right now he has six units of his own and a huge garrison in Tlaxtlan. I had to build up a new army to fight him, and besieged the city. I now reached the point at which I am certain I can win, but it got me thinking:
    The high Elves still have territories under their control. Teclis will respawn pretty quickly, build a new army and attack again. So if I trap him and his small army here, besieged (so he cannot recruit more troops) he is in fact less dangerous and I can take some of his cities with my other armies...

5. Papalugy
    Skar-Veteran

Teclis and his army will eventually starve to death and you will take the city automatically.

Aginor and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

They are Aelves.
    They probably can go on by eating flowers' petals and drinking dew... :rolleyes:

7. Aginor
    Slann

Sure, but it means that until then I still have eight turns of time, and I can be sure he doesn't run around somewhere attacking undefended cities (I am rebuilding right now, rhose last rituals hurt my armies and economy a lot)

Papalugy likes this.
  8. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Yeah, maybe i could have done that. But no matter, because i gave it away to one of my buddie's buddie, he got it because none here wanted it.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  9. Papalugy
    Skar-Veteran

Yah but they're in Lustria so the flowers are likely poisonous and the dew probably has flesh eating bacteria in it. :D

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

as long as they meet their fate, works for me. ;)

11. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Army that one of my allies had... lol

Warden, ChapterAquila92 and Papalugy like this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

That's a lot of Chameleon Skinks!
    I like the unit but I don't think I'd go into battle with that few Saurus. :D

13. Papalugy
    Skar-Veteran

I've seen High Elven armies that have like 13 Sisters of Avelorn, so it's not just the Lizardmen.

Warden and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  14. Aginor
    Slann

Started a campaign as Tyrion, played 40 turns already.
    Most of Ulthuan is mine.
    What I dislike: Alarielle hates me and I had to fight her.
    Now she has one settlement left and hates me immensely. But I want to Confederate with her becaus I'd like to have her as a hero in my army. Any ideas? Or should I just kill her? Is she worth to have as a hero?

My play style right now is:
    3 heroes (commander, a melee hero, and a wizard)
    6 spearmen (not sure if I should replace them with sea guard or not...)
    6 archers
    2 chariots or shock cavalry
    2 artillery
    1 special (eagle, dragon, more cavalry, axe dudes)

15. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

The A.I in total war games are really wonky, diplomacy especially. Getting a faction that you are at war with/have been at war with to confederate is almost impossible, the only real way to confederate a faction is to be friends with them and have another faction kill them down to their last settlement. Even if you have been on good terms wit a faction the whole game, they will not confederate unless they are completely crippled.

There is a mod that allows you too recruit defeated legendary lord,s it is really handy to have. https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1579089019

16. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Why not use the intrigue of the court (or whatever) mechanic that lets you improve or damage a faction's relation towards you?

Also, if you let her take one settlement back, her faction might allow you to peace out.

17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

If you're the one beating the crap out of a faction you want to confederate you need to either be massivly more powerfull (as in you have 50 armies and they have none) or you should bribe em. The bribe can be quite excessive though… That tends to work in those cases.

18. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Bribes and intrigue at court

19. Aginor
    Slann

I tried but it didn't work.
    I just conquered the province. :D

I installed that mod though, and while it did not work for Alarielle (I cannot recruit her it seems) it did work for Teclis!

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Excellent. Those who oppose us shall perish, in fire and blood!

Warden likes this.