1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The looming excitement that might be TW warhammer II

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by The Sauric Ace, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Link to info please

2. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

bOdziO Wolf Well-Known Member

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

well that bretonnian is kinda random. Do they also get some units? Or just the random hero?

4. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Actually multiple articles should be saying similar things. The info was from the press release which they all get access to and derive their articles from that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/e2hg46/60_decrease_in_wait_times_between_turns/f8vfjxf/

5. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

The map for Mortal empires is going to be expanded when the dlc drops.

[​IMG]

So Snitch will start right at the border of the Darklands, and they also added the Dragon Isles. I think they have added 6 more regions to the game in total.

6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Also, snitch has loyal skaven lords. Which is nice. Loyalty is always a mechanic I dislike.

ChapterAquila92 and Nazqua like this.
  7. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

That'll spice Kroq-Gar's start position up a bit, along with Khalida's I think

8. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Makes sense, lorewise. Eshin has always been the more "professional" of the skaven clans.

Canas likes this.
  9. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Wow have you guys seen Snikch's late-game ability? OP af.

Plunge Into Anarchy
    Snikch removes a faction's leader, causing them to be overthrown by rebels. Select any army or settlement to target a faction.

Can only use once per 100 turns.

Basically you can delete an entire faction, turning all their settlements into rebel settlements and delete all their armies and legendary lords. Doesn't even cost any gold either.

10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

eh, that's novel. And obviously the internet is in an uproar about it. The AI fortunatly cant use it so it won't randomly ruin your game. And with a 100 turn cooldown even the players can't really abuse it. Kinda curious why it exists thouh. It seems simultaniously super broken and almost useless. Once every 100 turns is far too infrequent to use it more than once or twice in an entire campaign, but deleting an entire faction is obviously usefull. I guess it's usefull to deal with that AI faction on the other side of the map that ended up snowballing and now somehow has half the map and 50 constantly respawning armies, saves some grinding. Or at least allows some other factions to pop up for some variation.

ChapterAquila92 and Captaniser like this.
  11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yep, that's the only "fair" use I can think of it.

Nazqua likes this.
  12. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

None of my turns go past 200. I think the only turn that went past 200 was Vampire Coast Vortex. And that's because I went for domination victory because I felt I beat the campaign too quickly to get my full enjoyment out of it.

It would be handy like you've said when you've got that final giant faction to deal with - you can just instantly delete it. Kind of feels like a cheat code more than an ability. :p

I personally would nerf it so that it deletes one legendary lord and all settlements become rebels. Leave the remaining armies and any confederated LLs alive so they can reconquer cities and slowly work their way back up, at least until you crush them for good. Wouldn't feel quite so easy then.

13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

yeah, but every other use is either massive overkill. You're not going to need this ability to deal with a faction that has only a handfull of cities.

That'd still leave a massive chunk of land owned by 1 race though. Which wouldn't really serve a purpose. At least now other factions will go into the vacuum so you get some variation.

And yeah, I think my record is 300 or so. And that's cuz I tend to play slow and like to build up my empire.

Nazqua likes this.
  14. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

bOdziO Wolf Well-Known Member

Wow, how does it work in h2h then? It sounds like a "click to win the game" button :D

15. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

It only works in single player campaigns and only the player can use it.

bOdziO Wolf and Nazqua like this.
  16. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

A bit tangential, but it turns out that Henry Cavill is a huge Total Warhammer fan.

17. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

The Age of the RPG and Tabletop Wargame are upon us.

Give thanks to the nerdy Superstars that have made it trendy, for without them, we may not have seen this age of bountiful production.

It is nice to see that the video game has really sparked a fire in many folks.
    Its just a shame that The Olde WorldeTm is so far away for these folks who have been inducted into the fandom with Total war.

18. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

To paraphrase mr. Burns.... "Excellent."

also in other news I've been able to play the game on my PC because apparently being on top of a desk is helping the thing to manage airflow

19. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

That Cavill dude should start up a Twitch channel or something. Actors are always all about getting that money on the side like conventions, autographs and photos, brand sponsorships, etc. Don't know how this would be any different!

Especially if he's got the stereotypical attention-hungry mindset of an actor - Twitch would be the place to bask in the adoration of your fans.

20. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

That would depend on how much of his own private time he'd like to commit to such a thing. From what I gathered from the article, Cavill values what little privacy his celebrity status can afford to give him, and video games are about the only thing he has that can provide him an escape from it all.

Captaniser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.