1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Mortal Wonds that broke (our) Camel's Back

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Just A Skink, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I think the "General" forum is the correct place to post this topic, as it's more of a general AoS topic. If there is another thread focusing on this, please let me know.

So, after playing a Path to Glory game vs. my friend's SCE (not the best example to go from perhaps), and defeating his 3 Evocators on Dracolines with 3 Terradons and 40 shots from 20 skinks buffed by my Starpriest, then defeating his Lord Arcanum with those skinks, the rest of my group is finally fed up with MWs.

The consensus seems pretty "unanimous". Although, I agree that lots of MWs can be a frustrating mechanic to handle, I would like to play my battletome more to see if it IS an actual problem.

We've toyed with something like making MWs just attacks/magic/whatever that have (additional) -1 rend and deal (additional ) +1 damage. For example, when buffed by the serpent staff, my attacks from the skinks that wound on a "6" would turn into -1 rend / 2 damage attacks (as opposed to being MWs). I don't know, that's not bad, I guess...

Anyway, there's not enough arguing on the forums (kidding), so what do you think about MWs? Do you have any other ideas about how to deal with MWs or how to change them?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Imrahil likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

it's a mechanic that is too much strong but is fine if present in small doses. But atm it's more and more common, to the point it has become unmanageable (except for the old "kill them all before they can kill you")

ChapterAquila92 and Just A Skink like this.