1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiction The Orphaned Temple City, Complete Four Part Story

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Scalenex, Jan 12, 2013.

1. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Felt like I needed a good (re)read tonight - wasn't disappointed.

The dialogue (especially in part 2) makes me smile. I can feel Kaitar's frustration as he tries to get his followers to use their initiative.

The snare and the turn of tables is a great and unexpected plot element, and your attention to detail in integrating 8th Ed game mechanics into the battle (without making it clunky) is commendable.

I'll need to read the others again too.

Given three years have elapsed since this came out, and that we have so many newer members who enjoy a good read (and write) I don't feel too guilty about the thread necromancy.

2. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Wow this was a fun read! I enjoy daemons getting distracted almost as much as I enjoy the good build up battles!
    Red Herring wasn't responsible? Who knew?
    This was an epic story! Going in for more of your fluff now! Also get some new stuff out! I haven't even read it all yet and I want more!

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

One of my favourite part, is the dialogue between daemons...
    "They follow the leadership of a Saurus of legendary ability named Kaitar. Apparently Klodorex still has a living Oldblood after all." :D

5. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Nice story! I enjoyed it and also the fact that the main character was a saurus (pretty hard to do in my opinion)

And once again, it was pretty easy to follow even though I've never read the previous stories that came before this one.

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Thank you.

This is my second fluff piece on L-O. The first one that got a fast positive reaction from multiple readers. This kind of launched my continuity. I very quietly made some minor edits to this piece and to Renliss' Journey to Lustria, my first piece, to bring these two pieces into the same literary universe. Essentially writing in Renliss as a red herring for this piece.

So far Renliss has only been peripherally involved with Klodorex stories. Eventually I need to have him launch a major attack on the Lizardmen some where or the Lizardmen get tired of tolerating his army marching up and down Lustria, but as of the end of Dead Water, my last story both in universe time and real time, Renliss is still scared of provoking the Lizardmen and the Lizardmen feel like they have better things to do than go after him.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.