1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Random Thread of Random Randomness

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Feb 10, 2019.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

3. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

He definitely always seems to get it bang on the money, it’s just a shame that he’s always right sometimes! I’m actually going to see him live next weekend - I’ve seen him once before and it was absolutely brilliant! He’s definitely got a lot of material to work with!

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

If Games Workshop joins Apple, the NBA, Blizzard, Vans, and all the other CCP apologists, I will become the biggest shill for Kings of War the world has ever seen.

5. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Apparently China has been doing organ harvesting...
    It’s some nazi level stuff and is pretty horrific, props to South Park in making fun of China and standing up to them unlike so many companies

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

No surprise really. Companies care way more for profit than they do for ethics and morality.

As for GW, I don't think they'll side with the CCP, Not because of ethical reasons of course, but because China recasts their models! :p

7. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

upload_2019-10-12_11-19-52.jpeg

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  8. Scalenex
    Slann

I'm shouting that to the heavens. Not some organ harvesting. Thousands of people were year. They are cataloging the blood types of political prisoners, mostly religious minorities (Christians, Muslims, Tibetan Budhists and Falun Gong practioners) and selling them around the world to wealthy people with no scruple and also well connected CCP members.

An early example of movie censoring is World War Z. In the novel, the zombie outbreak started from an infection in organ trasnplants from China. In the movie, they made it the result of North Korean organ trafficking.

Lizerd likes this.
  9. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I knew they were doing it, but thousands? That is just sickening and the fact we are doing nothing on a national level infuriated me. That is just disgusting what they are doing...

10. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Larry Niven, the Science Fiction author who wrote Ringworld, predicted illegal organ harvesting and transplantation long ago. Several books and short stories exist in his catalogue involving the topic. His word for it is:

Organlegging

Based on the Old word for smuggling and selling stolen loot: bootlegging. (Just add organs.)

The Patchwork Girl is the one title I can remember off hand. Worth looking up.

Lizerd likes this.
  11. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I am not even a skater or a fan of skateboarding, but for some reason these videos showed up in my YouTube recommendations.

And even though I am not a fan I watched them. Because Tony Hawk is a legend.

Enjoy.
    Edit: make sure to turn on subtitles on the first one, it has the names of the tricks and when he invented them.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

14. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Really interesting south park video, I will have to go watch the episode. Haven't watched the show in a long time.

Vlad approved :vamp::D:D:D

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  15. Scalenex
    Slann

In China, it is legal. Whatever the CCP says and does is justified and valid. Every single anti-corruption campaign is a farce. Whoever is initiating the anti-corruption campaign, it just so happens that only their political rivals are corrupt, who knew?

I got a friend who likes guns the way I like miniatures. He watches a lot of gun Youtube videos. He watched one anime analysis video and that's what his recommended feed was filled with.

Some conspiracy theorists state that in preparation for the 2020 election, anything remotely Rightwing is being sidelined (and guns are considered Rightwing), but I think that's too tin foil hat. The reality is simpler, it's more like a tin foil fez (a very tiny hat is the joke). As Youtube changes their recomendation algorithms, it doesn't overtly favor the Left, it favors companies that give Google money.

Youtube is (was) the only platform on the internet that shares (shared) profit with independent content creators. On Facebook and Twitter and the various platforms that are now dead or obscure, content creators were paid nothing, they only get paid in exposure. Because of this model, when a content creator was choosing his or her platform, he chooses the platform that pays him. This is how Youtube became the content sharing sight. Now that they've buried their competition they don't have to share money with the little content creators. They are going to demonitize everyone and their recommended feeds are increasingly bias towards megacorporations which pay Youtube/Google big money.

Paradoxical Pacifism and Aginor like this.
  16. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

In defense of the YouTube algorithm:
    I get suggested a wide variety of topics, and often the videos are interesting, challenge my views, and open perspectives I didn't have previously.
    So I am not complaining (yet). :)

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Except whenever you get recommended right-wing conspiracy videos :D.

19. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Granted, some of them are a hoot to watch just on the merits of how batshit crazy both the creator and their followers can be, especially when they themselves whinge like spoiled children when presented a well-thought counter-argument that's not only more than reasonable but also completely refutes their own opinion.

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann