1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Tyrants Horde

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by UdyrKhorne, Dec 19, 2013.

1. UdyrKhorne
    Jungle Swarm

UdyrKhorne New Member

I have finally gotten started on my army, and after some useful words from Axolotyl, I have worked out some of the leadership and core for my converted Lizardmen/Chaos Warrior army. There will not be any pictures in this post, so if you choose to read the rest of this, you will just be reading the stories behind the army I am building, meaning the pictures will come at a later time.

Army Name: The Tyrant Horde

Mnerolthir the Tyrant
    Personality & Fame: He is the bane of all mortals he deems to be unworthy of their land and riches, using his vast army of man and lizardmen to sweep over the lands of his adversaries, staining the soil with blood in his honor. Unlike some of the wealth craving dragons that take to attacking dwarven holds, he seeks to destroy all who would believe themselves to be stronger than himself, his anger and hate only fueled by the power of the dark god Khorne, a god Mnerolthir serves without realizing it himself. Being the mightiest warrior and lord of the horde, he will not rest until he sees all of his enemies burn.
    Lore: Mnerolthir is one of the dragons that was doomed the moment the lord of blood set his sights on him. Being one of the strongest of it's kind, the blood god manifested itself after the dragon had slaughtered an entire army of dwarves. Convinced that the dragon was stronger than anything Khorne had to offer, the blood god struck a deal with him, stating that if he could defeat one of his strongest Daemons, that he would bestow even greater powers upon the scaled monstrosity. Agreeing to these terms, a mighty bloodthirster was called into the world, swinging it's mighty blade at the dragon, who returned the favor with it's powerful claws. Rampaging for over two hours, the bloodthirster eventually went down, at which point Mnerolthir started feeding on the remains of the daemon. When the chaos energies swirling through the mountains fluctuated as it does once every hundred years, the dragon changed. Now being as much Daemon as he is Dragon, Mnerolthir continued to grow and mutate into a form that was more fitting of his new status.

Udyr Heilstrom
    Work in Progress

Work in Progress
    Work in Progress

The Tyrant Horde

The Dragon Cult:
    Lore: This clan of skinks had broken away from Lustria hundreds of years ago, having always been godless as they roamed the wastes. When they found the lair of the dragon Mnerolthir, they believed that they had found a true god that was worthy of their worship. Building a religion around Mnerolthir, they remained unnoticed by the barbarians who made the nearby mountains their home. However, with the transformation of Mnerolthir, so did the skinks that revered to the dragon as a god change with it, welcoming Chaos and becoming murderous zealots that would gladly spill blood and sacrifice the skulls of their enemies to him, not knowing that they were in fact aiding the dark god Khorne. Raiding nearby settlements and even being bold enough to attack mighty warriors of the Heilstrom Tribe, fanatic fighters who chose to align themselves with Khorne. Showing that they have a large amount of willpower and determination, these lizardmen joined the Tyrant horde when Udyr Heilstrom united various other tribes under Mnerolthir.

Work in Progress
    Work in Progress

Work in Progress
    Work in Progress

Work in Progress
    Work in Progress