1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thoughts on potential new codex for Seraphon 2020?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Accurate_Noib, Nov 22, 2019.

?

What do you think will come 2020?

1. new codex

2. new codex and models

3. Nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

now that 2020 is getting closer and closer and that 2019 is coming to a close without our *rumored* codex, what do you think is the outlook for our cold-blooded friends the coming year? Will they get a codex with more plastic models, or do you think they will even get new units!? In my opinion, the codex will come in 2020 but I don't think GW will bother with reworking a full range of models. A reworked Saurus unit, however, might be a possibility as the blood bowl Saurus looks amazing with their dynamic poses and I can't believe that GW would ever not think about implementing similar models to the AOS range.

Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  2. Random Lizard
    Cold One

Random Lizard Well-Known Member

I like to believe we will get new saurus models across the board, might be wishfull thinking? I'd settle for new knights models at the very least.

Is the rumour about our new battletome in january 2020 plausible? I've never watched warhammer weekly, therefore i can't say if these guys are legit or not.

Nazqua, Dr.Doom, Lizerd and 1 other person like this.
  3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

he correctly leaked 4 books before this being gitz sylvaneth cities and maw tribes so not a for shur thing but more credible then most

Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

we will definatly get a codex some time in 2020 they just don't have enuf armies to keep denying us what i hope will happen is no more resin and redone models for all saurus krox razors and salamanders. but what i expect is just a book. in that we will loose thunder quake and our super battalions they will become some of our tribes/conclaves, astrolith will change from reroll hits to +1 and our artifacts will still suck. but thats just speculation based on the previous books

LizardWizard, Duo Sonata and Lizerd like this.
  5. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

We almost certainly will be getting a new battletome in 2020, and if rumor has it by January. This most likely means updated warscrolls and alliegence abilities that hopefully will make us powerful.

6. Dr.Doom
    Skink

Dr.Doom Active Member

I´m really hoping for new models and expecting an updated book.

I'm thinking you are way too negative, we cant get nerfed because we are already so far behind.

It wouldn’t make sense business-wise to make us unplayable.

We are on the brink of that now and we are a way to big of a fraction to be obsolete.

7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

tell that to BCR and sylvaneth but this is only the things that i see that are to powerful to remane as they are not the stuff we will get in exchangge

8. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

I sometimes fell like that, if there were no seraphon wishlisting threads, this forum would just be tomb kings nostalgia posting. And Lizardwizard writing lists. 10/10 would subscribe,no joke.

LizardWizard, knave, Nazqua and 4 others like this.
  9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

well what else is there to talk about we haven't had anything in years all of our tactics are set in stone by now.

10. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I don't think we will lose TQ. we might lose the super battalions, but BCR kept theirs so who knows.. what we will get is some form of tribe (I am guessing "constellations") with mandatory traits and first artifacts. as we are literally the most magical of armies I cannot fathom them denying us Endless spells. I can see them not updating our resin models, but I sincerely hope to god they update the sallies and razors into a 3 pack plastic "hunting pack" box that has 3 handlers and 3 sallies/razors (similar to how the carno can be built either trog or carno from the same kit)

LizardWizard, Womboski, knave and 2 others like this.
  11. Random Lizard
    Cold One

Random Lizard Well-Known Member

Sylvaneth got a new character which is pretty busted and more flexibility on forest placement. They were already competitive so it makes sense that they nerfed what was too good at the same time.

I believe thunderquake will go bye bye but i don't think they will nerf anything else without giving us really strong new mechanics and/or models.

Thunderquake as it is now can't be balanced if our units get buffed on par with the powercreep

12. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

and Drycha became INSANELY OP

ALSO BCR got buffed big time... the buff was in the allegiance abilities not the warscrolls.

LizardWizard, Dr.Doom, Lizerd and 2 others like this.
  13. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

they got impact hits that are good and might makes right witch makes them below average for objectives capture their warscrolls didn't change exept for thunder tusk which got worse. the artifacts suck the battalions suck mornfang are still bad the prayrs are bad and locked behind a 340 point model that is bad at range and melee combat the command trates are bad. 1 allegiance ability is not going to make up for that BCR got shafted. it's basicaly the gutbuster book and even that is just midle of the rode.
    drycha is good but in exchange they lost dryads, all of their good battalions and wyld woods are now significantly worse(only one teleport) and harder to place in setup. the life godes got worse and more expensive the tree lord ancient is still baaaaad and derthu is still a very fragile glass cannon. they got nefed from the bottom of the top third into the bottom half and they lost most of their units to the Never use pile. not realy what any one wanted.
    sorry for being a downer but with the broken stuf we curently have i cant see them doing a great job of our book if they buff our units to be usable we will loose the fun stuff we currently have which meens a major hit to summoning and teleports and no more shadow strike or TQ. or we will be the next slanesh which is worse.
    any hooo this is not the place for my ranting you all have my apologies

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    LizardWizard, Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  14. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

We'll almost certainly get a new tome within the first quarter of next year. There aren't many tomes left to update, and Seraphon is the most out-of-date.
    Tzeentch, KO, and Nurgle will likely also all get new tomes before the next GHB.

The question is really just whether or not we get new models, but my bet would be that we get at least 1 new kit; maybe updated Saurus, Kroxigor, razordons, salamanders, knights, and/or guard.

They'll probably keep all the current battalions, but might make a few changes. The mega-battalions are almost certainly going away in favor of sub-factions, as has been the case for all of the updated books (They'll probably just keep the starbeast constellation as far as mega-battalions go).

Thundertusks didn't get any better, but the rest of the list is better if you're doing anything else, Frostlords and thundertusks had points reductions.

Yhetees got a pretty large buff. With the sub-faction for them; they can pretty much always strike first in melee, and with 6" pile in and combat range and multiple spells that can give -1 to hit (1 from butchers and 1 from firebellies, and geminids is a potential -4 to hit vs yhetees/thundertusks). Yhetee spam is looking like a real list now.

15. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

yhetees already had strikes first piling in from 6" meens no one can hit you so they just hit first. the -1 is only against range and the other 2 are behind a 7 to cast and a 8 to cast and it must be woly within on your most mobile troops. on top of that yhetees aren't ogars so they don't get any of the allegence abilities and rased by yehtees can't be taken in whinterbite so there gose the best buff. yhetees where always BCRs best bet for troops so you will defiantly see them but they are outclassed by gluttons

16. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Ok, my predictions:

- no new models or a single character box, maybe even named character (as we saw on rumor engine - it wasn't for warcry and it wasn't for Dark Aelves. It still can be anything, but I'll keep fingers crossed);
    - 6 warlord traits for every type of Hero;
    - our magic lore. Not reprinted, I hope, but fixed. Maybe, even two Lores - for slann and skinks respectively;
    - 3-6 different rites for skink priests;
    - battalions going up to modern standards - FoS and DT will become "chapter tactics" and other battalions reduced to a single ability;
    - we'll get 3-6 new "chapter tactics". Some will favor Saurus, some skinks - and a mixed one like Big Waaagh;
    - Thunderquake will lose rerolls, at least for saves, Shadowstrike will lose 3" drop. They will be either fully reworked or dropped in price;
    - Guards will lose 2+ and get 3+ rerollable or FnP;
    - maybe 2 wounds for saurus;
    - mount traits for Carnosaurs. Maybe for EotG stegadon too, but not likely, unless they will bring back skink chief;
    - new relics for saurus, skinks and slann. I expect a total rework, since they did nothing to them in last GHB;
    - we won't lose any units, except, maybe, old Oldblood;
    - no more attack stacking on Oldblood on carno;
    - looking at the magic - they will screw us one way or another. Magic is absolutely out of synergy with our other abilities and 2 usefull spells are just pleasant bonuses. This mean, current team don't, probably, get how Seraphon actually work.

My greatest fear is that stuff like 90 saurus warriors will be the way to go (at least if they won't renew the models, which is unlikely). They are my lest favorite plastic model in battletome. I do like knights, guard and skinks, but saurus are just way too boring.

17. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

BCR got MASSIVE power boosts....

their mortal wounds on charge are mostly 4+ (6+ for small guys) and you roll as many dice as you rolled (unmodified) to charge
    AOE mortal wounds for all units in melee at the start of the hero phase (D3)
    +2 move or +2 bravery depending on whether they are in combat or not gives BCR an almost across the board 11" or 14" move..
    And their big guys count as 10(!) models for objective control.

the battle traits are wicked good... one free command use each battle round (that's 5 free command points!); Cant retreat rom combat (wont affect LOSAT and others but still amazing), no battle shock for mournfangs inside of 18" of the general (two most common models used for BCR so that's good!); half wounds for determining wounds table, and become a preist are the last two... that first one is WICKED GOOD! never get damaged into your last wound profile

they also have literally the best mount trait in the meta right now, Force the opponent to fight last if you didn't charge

the relics are a little lack luster, ill give you that, but even then if you bring a thundertusk and yehtees you can give your suicide bombers +4 move outside of 3" and they aleady pile in from 6"....

so with all due respect... I formally disagree... BCR are good again.

LizardWizard, Lizerd and Dr.Doom like this.
  18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

yes your heroes do an avrage 1d6 so as i sead not bad
    but they cant fly so they still get drowend by chaff and for 340 points most armies can feild 30-40 units so the 10 models is just enuff to make them desentish.

but the comand ability is bad you arn't using mornfange and yehtees don't charge ever. at best you get to use it once when the general charges
    but is it worth giving up a tribe to use?
    so bravery for a sooper eleat unit that will never run in the first place you have to kill 3 of them before it's even a problem.
    on 1 guy and is it worth giving up a tribe? that meens you only get 1 mount trait

on your 340 point artilery unit that you never want to get in combat and if you do he does less damage then 1 irongut model

but then you would have to bring a thunder tusk and yehtees already run for free because pile ins can happen any way.

maw tribes are good espeshaly in casual games but outside of frost lord on stone horn nothing in the army is good enuff to bring to tournaments.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  19. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Slann and hunting packs will get a model upgrade IMO. Maybe krox. The old resin kits. I cant see them updating saurus but you never know.

Well probably get all the typical stuff. Spawning rules, endless spells, maybe some mount traits. A piece of terrain.

All the books that have come out recently have been pretty awesome, with a vast vast majority being competitively viable.

I think theyll do a good job. For whatever reason lizardmen have always been competitive.

20. Duo Sonata
    Skink

Duo Sonata Active Member

Up until the orruk warclan and cities most of us would have safely assumed a new terrain piece and maybe a new or redesigned model but since patterns been broken who knows.

So lets go with bad expectations...
    Most battalions warscrolls gone and if shadowstrike/thunderquake remain they'll have have a points increase and "rebalanced" rules
    No new models, terrain piece, or endless spell
    Our teleportation ability becomes a prayer/spell that must be rolled for by a hero likely a slaan or skink priest
    Engine of the gods gets a "rebalanced" warscroll changing it completely
    Many older units removed from book
    Mandatory Slaan general remains but is now weaker and cost more points to "promote" other general choices