1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thunder lizard List !!!!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by jritz10, Jun 12, 2020.

1. jritz10
    Jungle Swarm

jritz10 New Member

Seraphon
    - Constellation: Thunder Lizard
    LEADERS
    Lord Kroak (320)
    Stellar tempest
    Saurus Sunblood (130)
    Skink Priest (70)
    Stegadon with Skink Chief (270)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Prime Warbeast
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (210)
    - Warspear
    Skink Priest (70)

UNITS
    8 x Salamander Hunting Pack (160)
    10 x Saurus Knights (200)
    - Lances
    - Lances
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

BEHEMOTHS
    Bastiladon (220)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
    Realm-shaper engine
    Bound Balewind Vortex (50) Bound The Burning Head (40)

TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 116
    LEADERS: 6/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 3/4 ARTILLERY

Been making some list I have at least 1 unit or
    More of most models available in army to make list with. thoughts on this List looking for something to bring to 2k tourney at the end of the month.

My idea behind it is magic mayhem +2 casting a extra casting spell and a lot of shooting basti (2shots) stegadon bow and salamanders to tear support or break lines, the scar Vet and sun blood run with my knights for extra punch most likely try to sit back and wait for the charge or double turn to ensure a proper push while skinks are there for point fill and screen not sure where to adjust for that
    Both skink priest will give buffs whole time between +1 hit and the run and charge for Sally’s
    Rinse and repeat magic and shooting for 2 rounds

2. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

Quick question, why bound Balewind Vortex? It seems the same as a normal one too me just for 10 points more.

3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I was going to ask the same. unless you intend to use the spell that removes all non-bound spells there is no real point, and being 10 points under might get you a triumph, if you use those in your games.

4. jritz10
    Jungle Swarm

jritz10 New Member

I thought all endless spells had to be bound for Seraphon wizards ? I could be mistaken but if that is the case besides triumph where would 10 points be better off.... lose a skink priest and add another salamander unit

5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

no you absolutely do not have to add the "bound" tag to all spells for Seraphon. as for the ten points, either way is decent... the skink priest ability has 4 targets, not counting themselves. having the two mans you can have one follow the basti and the other follow the sallies to help their survivability, or you could get another salamander and go all in on the damage out put. to me its about 50/50 as the sallies aren't in a battalion or anything like that. im sure a number cruncher could give you a tangible pick this over that, but in general terms it seems about the same to me.

6. jritz10
    Jungle Swarm

jritz10 New Member

Agree reason went with 2 priest over extra sally group was both can run and shoot option as well as plus 1 hitS depending on how many CP points from first roll i have they all will be used for buffing all shots unti close combat.... then sunblood CP and any save CP that might be needed is what I am thinking.

7. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

personally i think the sun blood is a waste, he's slower than the knights and it will be more CP use.
    if you're buffing the knights its best just to use the scar vets one to create extra attacks. Instead of the sun blood i would recommend a starriest with hand of glory, it keeps pace with the knights, gives them mortals on 6 to wound and can cast a spell for reroll 1s to hit

8. jritz10
    Jungle Swarm

jritz10 New Member

Okay so got a new army through trade and have All Sylvaneth options was thinking of removing a priest and going to regular Baldwind as well giving me 80 points going to add In a Branchwraith and try summoning 10 Dryads a turn or possibly 20 if I play realm of light use spell that allows me to make artifact to cast 2 spells with that wizard for the game or could even put him in Baldwind and go for the 2 spells to push the 20 Dryads a turn... thoughts

9. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

That could be cool. I don’t think the ally options have been fully explored yet but being able to summon dryads for screens or back objectives seems useful. You would need to have a tree Lord ancient as well though I think to bring a wyldwood on. At that point it’s 340 points to make that happen

10. jritz10
    Jungle Swarm

jritz10 New Member

how does this look list building is 50% of why I love the game haha ! Thanks for the time !

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Koatl's Claw
    Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
    Treelord Ancient (260)
    Branchwraith (80)
    Lord Kroak (320)
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest
    Skink Starseer (140)
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Priest (70)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (210)
    - General
    - War Spear
    - Command Trait: Dominant Predator
    - Artefact: Eviscerating Blade

Battleline
    - Lances
    - Lances
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

Units
    8 x Salamander Hunting Pack (160)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (220)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Bound The Burning Head (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 117

11. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

Seems like it could be something pretty fun. I think for a tournament you’re not going to win all of your games but it looks like a good time

12. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

Treelord Ancient on its own is honestly really lackluster. If you want the ability to have models appear on the other side of the table I would suggest 20 Chameleon Skinks. Roughly same price as Treelord + Branch but super reliable. The tax to be able to summon Dryads with the combo is just too high imo.

Krissey likes this.