1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thunder Lizard Theme/Based Scenario Game Idea

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Sudsinabucket, May 28, 2020.

1. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! so I wanted to float an idea out there that was presented to me from a good friend. As many of you know over the past 10ish months I have been building piece by piece a Thunder Lizard for my Seraphon army, and while it has been a great joy it has also brought up the question if I'll ever actually be able to use her in a game.

A good friend of mine today brought up an idea for a campaign after I showed him the latest progress on Tlanextic (the name I've given my Thunder Lizard which means Light of Dawn). The idea was a 5 turn based game (I'm sure this might be adjusted as the game is filled out and built upon) where a Thunder Lizard and its controlling Skink/Slann + Crew are attacking a city/town.

Base Game Idea:

Standard Table of 4x6, the Thunder Lizard starts on the other side of the table or a far distance away and is on route to attack/raze the city on the other side. There are 5 turns so at the end of every turn the TL moves 1/4 of the board. For the opposing player to win they have to kill the Slann/Priest who is controlling the the TL (which with the way I've built my TL means killing the TL outright), if they do not do so within the 4 turns it takes for the TL to cross the board they lose. Note there is 5 turns: You (the TL) can use 1 turn from the TL to use it's attacks, you must forfeit the move during the turn. So if you want to use your attacks 2 times you could but risk losing the game, and to make it far you add +1 to hit for all attacks. If you're able to destroy the enemy army with two attacks it would count as a major victory, if you dont butthe army that turn with 2 attacks but are able to kill it next turn it only counts as a minor victory.

The Defenders get lets say a 12" deployment zone for the city defense side. While in that zone units that are defending units get a +1 to wound. Also during the defending players first turn units in deployment zone get and extra 9" to their move characteristics.

For the Campaign (and I think I have this is the current rules as well) the TL has an ability that allows whatever scenery the TL passes over is destoryed and removed from battle, this is so that the TL can move freely over the table.

This is the idea in a nutshell and will need to be fleshed out, but I really love the idea and I think it could be a fun way to incorporate the Thunder Lizard into Age of Sigmar!

What are your thoughts??

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    ILKAIN, Imrahil, Nazqua and 1 other person like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Sounds super fun and awesome. I hope you do it and then tell us about it :D

Imrahil and Sudsinabucket like this.
  3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Another idea is that the defending side gets an additional battle line or Cavalry, this could either be an initial thing as the town/city has a standing army or as a 4th turn reinforcement of troops coming to aide the defenders.

I want to make this as balanced as possible, and I feel the defenders would need a few advantages.

LizardWizard and Imrahil like this.
  4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I certainly hope to do it someday!

Imrahil and LizardWizard like this.
  5. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

You could just design a battleplan for her and use AOS rules I would think.

Like you mention from end to end, have her deployment zone been the first 12" (if she come in with a army have the rest deployed within the first 24" ).

Have the defender sacred zone been the first 12" and the deployment zone been there first 24".

Win conditions for seraphon; major victory eliminated the defenders and have ThunderLizard within there sacred zone (one mm in should be enough, or could make it 1" within the zone etc) , minor victory have the ThunderLizard within there sacred zone.

Win condition for defender; major victory eliminate the Seraphon’s , minor victory mange to keep ThunderLizard outside there sacred zone.

She would have to travel over 48" to win.

?!?

6. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

What are my limitations? Can I use my trio of dread saurians? Point limit?

Imrahil and LizardWizard like this.