1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thunderclaw 2.5k

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Paul Beenis, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Paul Beenis
    Cold One

Paul Beenis Active Member

Thunderclaw 2.5k list thoughts?

Aim is to teleport both buffed bastiladons with snakes close to majority of enemy force (namely a nasty stormcast force) and "slingshot" them in using a summoned Starpriest behind teleported units who will then summon a balewind under himself and effectively push both bastiladons into range for charge. Sunclaw provides bodies and support.

2 Bastiladons with arks are putting out 24 mortal wounds each turn (both in yours and opponents combat phase) against 3 units in range on average

There are two list options, first has two battalions, second drops the thunderquake in favour of an Astrolith bearer and many more bodies. Any comments or criticisms welcome!

image.png
    image.png

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I think the Thunderquake is not worth it if you teleport the Bastiladons because they won't profit from the buff then.
    I suggest taking a Skink Priest with Priestly Trappings though, to get the reroll buff on the charge and saves before the teleport.

The Balewind tactic... sounds a bit like suicide for me though. If the summon of the Starpriest fails, or the Balewind fails, that Starpriest is almost completely useless.
    And even if it doesn't fail: he will likely die the next round because some SCE unit will probably shoot him or do mortal wounds on him, he is very exposed. So you spend 180 points for those 3-4"....
    ...then of course the shooters will probably target the Bastiladons to get rid of those so he might live...
    Hard to tell if it is worth it.

Paul Beenis likes this.
  3. Paul Beenis
    Cold One

Paul Beenis Active Member

Yeah that's actually a fair point! Worth a try anyhow in a friendly game and see if it's at all viable!

Aginor likes this.