1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thunderquake Battalion Thunder Lizard Coalesced 2k Krox

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Krissey, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Once again, theoryhammer is great, but the shown number require the perfect condition and lots of investment to a point you build the whole roster around this single 270-pts model. Hence the OP desires to build roster around kroxigor, I assume the SKINK model, which holds longer to provide +1 bonus to kroxigors, would be more useful. In comparison, EotG provides a lot more utility for 10 less points with similar combat stats.

2. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

once again, my comment has been misconstrued and run away with before I could correct anyone lol.
    I in no way said any of the other ideas was bad. I stated that the build didn't REQUIRE 80 skinks to be good. nothing more nothing less.

Krissey likes this.
  3. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I didn't want to say, that Skink Chief is trash. Yes, he can pump good damage, but he needs to much investment to consider him a good choice for more or less competitive games. Buffing skinks, at least, interesting, because you can, potentially, receive 5 attacks from a 6 pts body, each with a chance of mortal wounds.

As for current list, I am sure, that any higher tier army will find a way to reduce his impact - chaff screens, shooting, magic - everything will go into him and once he lost half of his wounds, he is not as much as scary. The problem is big red aim on his mighty crest, if you are giving him WT and artefact, etc.

ILKAIN likes this.
  4. Krissey
    Cold One

Krissey Active Member

Yeah at this point the entire list is all theory hammer. I have some other back up Kroxigor strategies, but this is the first one I want to try.

Now all I have to do is wait until Stegadons, Starseers, Lord Kroak, and...well everything else comes back in stock -_-

I don't actually own this stuff. I was trying to build a "what to buy plan" by hammering out the details first and refined my list as much as possible with theoryhammer. Since I am getting 2 Start Collecting Skinks (...whenever they happen to be available again...) I'd have 2 bastiladons. I could just proxy EOTG w/ Skink Chief and so long as I have 2 more Stegadons I can just plug and play through real life experience over and over and over.

However until GW actually restocks...anything it's all just talking about what may or may not be a good idea ;-;

Also I've even looked at 3rd party models but somehow everybody misses out on what makes the big dinosaurs the most fun: They leave out all the skinks!!

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-taurosaurus-124568 Doesn't this look sad and lonely without all the cool skinks in the Howdah?

5. Tiderox
    Saurus

Tiderox Active Member

I ran a thunder lizard thunder quake list last week with kroak, 3 stegs (engine, chief, regular), 4 units of 10 skinks, 2 units of 3 kroxigor, and 3 salamanders. It was super effective and the synergies across the board was amazing, one of my new favourite lists. I love kroxigors like you and try bringing them in any list with skinks. Sleeper unit for sure.

Krissey likes this.
  6. Krissey
    Cold One

Krissey Active Member

Sounds like I'm on the right track! That's encouraging.

Tiderox likes this.