1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS ThunderQuake Competitive Seraphon list "Theorycraft"

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Aktanolt, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Aktanolt
    Cold One

Aktanolt Well-Known Member

Hi There,
    I'm thinking about some lists those days. Came up with this one. Supposed to be competitive.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders

Engine of the Gods (220)
    Knight - Incantator (140)
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Incandescent rectrices

Skink Starpriest (80)

Battlelines

10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltsplitters , star bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Battalion

Thunderquake Starhost (120)

-Engine of the Gods (220)
    - Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
    -Stegadon (220)
    - Sunfire thrower
    -Stegadon (220)
    - Sunfire thrower
    -3 x Skink Handlers (40)
    -4 x Salamanders (160)

Endless Spells

Balewind Vortex (40)
    Everblaze comet (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 240 / 400
    Wounds: 101

So in a tournament environment, let's state on what we got :

- Summon power to get bodies from 2 engines and Slann on BWV
    - Magic defence with 3 mages ( 5 unbinds )
    - 3 fast battlelines for Chaff/Screen/ Bubble and objectives taker
    - Mortal wound output with 2 Engines , Everblaze comet ( and sallies :D)
    - Threat to high armor units ( sallies + MW )
    - Hordes menaces with 2 stegadons with flames Throwers ( we can Teleport , 1d6 move and charge turn 1 )

I think we lack Astrolith bearer, maybe try kroxigors instead of sallies ( but i think we have enough hordes handlers ) Stuff can be improved so let me know what you think about it !

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

With only 30 skinks, I don't see how you can reliably protect yourself from alpha strike armies, It is just not enough bodies. You get some later with summoning, but if you lose your Slann turn 1 it is pretty hard to go on for the rest of the game... Also I don't know about the everblaze comet inclusion, it's a good spell but with a hefty price.

3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Great List. Knight-Incantators and Everblaze Comet are super strong.

I rather like the Salamanders for this list. The lost of the Astrolith Bearer is sad, but I think the reroll hits is less needed when you aren't taking Bastiladons and turtling.

You miss listed your Realm or chose the wrong Realm Artifact though. Did you mean to take the Ethereal Amulet?

4. Aktanolt
    Cold One

Aktanolt Well-Known Member

@Xasto I can for sure bubble wrap slaans and heroes with skinks and Stegs. Then if any trouble show up i got summoning and teleport so i'm 99% sure it's ok.
    Also Seraphon got so few MW output outside of the nerfed Kroak that this Allies are really worth it i think. Moreover , it's offer more map control , which enhance our ability to control objectives.

@LizardWizard Yea you are right, i meant to take Ethereal Amulet, just a missed copy past from many Theory craft. Thx for notice this to me :)

LizardWizard and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Against most list you should be fine indeed, but when you will face real dedicated alpha strike lists you won't be able to keep your slann or knight incantor alive. Just take for example the infamous Skryre list, which can put out around 60-70 mortal wounds in one turn and everything can pop up within 3''. The only way to counter them is have loads of bodies surrounding your troups, and even then they hit pretty hard.

Now I know that Skryre list isn't played as much as it was long ago, but it is still a very strong competitive list and can completely shut down any list turn 1. There are a couple of these kinds of lists that you gotta keep in mind when making your own.

So I wouldn't say you're gonna be fine against everything, but probably most things.

As for the SC allies, I've never tried them myself, just hearing about in a couple forums about how they aren't necessarily the best use of points but can help out, good for you if they can bring something to your table.

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

@Xasto is right.
    the list is strong, but not really competitive at "tournament level".

Heck, i'm going to test a similar 2000 pts list, with minimal battleline, then Thunderquake w EotG, Astrolith bearer, Chronomantic cog and probably even Kroak for maximum summoning plus some ranged mortal wounds.
    I'm confident it will perform nicely against my usual opponents, but I doubt i would consider it in a serious tournament.

LizardWizard likes this.