1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thunderquake Starhost

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nicolai Bech, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Nicolai Bech
    Jungle Swarm

Nicolai Bech New Member

Hey there :)

i just started playing the Seraphons, and i find the wording in the Thunderquake Starhost battalion a bit confusing.... it mm just be me, because i can't find any another post about it....

In the Battalion it says the following : The Creator's Will : The Engine of the Gods or Troglodon, and any units from the Thunderquake Starhost within 8". are guided by the will of their creator. At the start of each Combat phase you can declare that of those units will either be swift, in which case you can re-roll charge rolls and failed hit rolls for them, or savage, in which case you can re-roll failed wound rolls and save rolls for them.

The Confusing part is when it says that i can chose between Swift or Savage at the start of each combat phase ? ? Should'ent that be in each "Hero phase" ? ?
    I can't re-roll charge roll's in the Combat phase... so that does not add up to me, or is it because in then last until the next combat phase ? ? so it means that you miss the ability in the first battleround, if you go first...
    Also if it was in the hero phase, you could re-roll dice rolls in the shooting phase which kind a seems like that would be the idea behind having the Bastiladon and the Salamanders or Razordons in the battalion.

Probably an easy fix I missed.... :) Thx for any answers...

- Nicolai Bech

Captaniser likes this.
  2. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

Haha, this should be FAQ'd on this forum somewhere. You're correct, it's in the combat phase, that means you can declare it during your enemy's turn. So yeah, it's a little redundant if you get the first turn, but generally if I can help it, I give that to my opponent if I'm rolling the thunderquake. It lasts till you declare differently (I think, or just check with my opponents that that's ok), so your shooting is also affected, which can be great.

Captaniser likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah we have asked (and answered) exactly that question numerous times here, it confuses everyone at first. :D

You got that right, the only logical explanation is that it lasts the whole turn. Which makes it pretty great actually. :)

4. Nicolai Bech
    Jungle Swarm

Nicolai Bech New Member

Great! :) thx for the quick response.
    Classic GW confusement ;)

- Nicolai