1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all the slow painters out here!!!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by SeBM, Feb 4, 2011.

1. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

nice work nova, are the Rat Ogres on a 40mm base? I suppose they'd classify as a monster/beast yeah?

i know exactly what you mean :D congrats on a partial completion!

Yes, SeBM initially suggested a finish date of 2 months, so April 10 (local time) is the last day. I'm sure that because of the success of this one though it may become a regular feature on L-O (fingers crossed).
    I don't recall it ever being a "rule" that you'd have to post what you were working on, just some people have put up their to-do list. That being said, it is great to know what your competition is working on! Doesn't really matter when you complete them, this is a group of slow painters after all :)
    hope that helps.

score graph for Week 2:
    SlowPaintersComp-Week2.jpg

and Link for full size:
    http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums...g Competition 2011/SlowPaintersComp-Week2.jpg

2. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Yeah the time limit is April 10th for this 1st painting challenge. If the mods will let me and if there's a sufficient interest, I also have an idea for the next contest. I think it would be interesting to have 1 or 2 formulas for painting challenges so we can alternate. If we do do that, we won't ''burn'' a concept prematurely.

3. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

Finished - Chakax. sure doesn't look like 8 hours work. ugh. Ready for his character battle in 12 hours though, will base him in the morning.
    P1030756.jpg
    P1030759.jpg

4. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

nice looking Chakax sevens.

Yes the ROgres are 40mm based, I would have my pictures up but it would seem I no longer possess the cable with which to connect my camera to the computer :shamefullyembarrased:
    I'll be passing by the electronics store where I purchased the camera today and hopefully they have the required cable there.

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Only suggestion I have for Chakax is wash the bone and gold areas with devaln mud over the badab black that is clearly there. Bones are meant to be a more brown white rather than grey white. Other than that, looks good!

6. Josh Ichimaru
    Cold One

Josh Ichimaru Member

What he said

7. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

I caught fever, so I hadnt painted or started painting anything new yet.

8. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

Taking a break from the lizzies and taking a look at the models I got with the island of blood set.
    Clipping and assembling them as I try and decide which race I want, HE or Skaven.
    Thought I was smart and bought flesh coloured primer so that I wouldn't have to paint faces and hands. But then realized until I finish I'll have an army of pink minis

9. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

Haven't even unclipped my skaven from that yet, that's how lazy/easily distracted I am. Pink = asskickers though, may want to leave them that colour :)

Now that Chakax is done I've been working on my newly arrived Tyranid Battleforce - got the hormagants out and partially assembled, going to paint them white, with a blue wash on the skin, Space Wolves Blue on the carapace and black highlights. Hopefully it works.

10. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Thank you sevensevensare and sebm for answering my question. I suppose I will post my 'to do' list weekly. So, for this week I will do 6 chaos warriors (including full command). Pics will have to wait until next monday because that's when I get internet (just moved into a new apt with some friends).

Nicely done chakax sevensevensare. Looks very nice and 8 hours is quite the dedication to one model.

11. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

thanks for the feedback on Chakax guys - appreciate it!

Done. Looks much better now, more bonelike.

Been a quiet week from everyone - painting slowly away?

12. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

Week 3 points update!
    Much the same as last week, nova has some finished minis that just needs pictures and same with Favoured.

Slow Painters Challenge - Week 3
    Eladimir - 11.8 points (16 Saurus/Temple Guard, Stegadon, Skink Priest, 8 Skink Handlers & 5 command)
    Josh Ichimaru - 7 points (Slann, Skink Priest, 5 Saurus)
    Juhaaha - 6.4 points (Titan Gladiator, Master Tormentor, 2 Beastmen Gors)
    sevensevensare49 - 4.2 points (HE Swordmaster, Oxyotl, Chakax)
    strewart - 2 points (Unit Filler)
    SeBM - 0.2 points (Saurus Warrior)

taking a leaf out of Favoured's book, this week I intend to finish the 16 Hormagaunts in the Tyranid Battleforce. Gotta start bridging the gap to Eladimir!

13. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I'm relieved to see that most of you guys didn't progress this week. I was away on vacation for the last 4 days but I'm now back and will resume painting tomorrow. Upfully, I manage to update something before the week-end.

14. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

that's why it was so quiet here :) hope you had a good break SeBM!

PS booyah 100 posts - I'm a Saurus!

15. Viarca
    Saurus

Viarca New Member

Unfortunately, I'm about a month too late to join in the fun officially, but I hope none of you mind if I share some of what I've started to paint the past few weeks (if so, my apologies in advance). I traded some of the leftover stuff from the Skaven Army I was working on from March to November of last year for an unwanted and abused Lizardmen Army back in December. The holidays are always busy for me, so I didn't get around to doing any playtesting with the army until about 6 weeks ago.

Having decided on a foundation for the army, I finally began painting the weekend before last. I'm trying to be less obsessive than I was with the past two armies, since I'm still burned out after the 600+ models I painted for my Skaven (I'm not kidding) and just want to do a quick tabletop quality job. So far, I've put in about 7 hours and have my Slann, a Skink Priest and an EOTG Stegadon done (except for the bases on the latter two which are a WIP). Not sure if I'll actually use the EOTG, but I always wanted to paint one and enjoy doing a larger model more than the rank and file.

All 3:
    100_0975.jpg

EOTG & Priest:
    100_0964.jpg

Slann WIP Photo:
    SlannPalanquin.jpg

16. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

7 hours and you've done all that? holy cow you are so much better organised than I!

and hell no we don't mind seeing your work! well done!

17. Josh Ichimaru
    Cold One

Josh Ichimaru Member

*looks with envy*
    Nice job, I wish I could paint that well that fast, hell i wish i could even to a undercoat and assemble of all that in that time.

18. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Definitely not too late to join, in fact you are already ahead of some people in the thread! Nice work.

Also, I suggest you make your own thread and post your photos in that as well as in here, it will get more feedback out in the main forum.

19. Viarca
    Saurus

Viarca New Member

Thanks for the coompliments. It looked like a fun thread, and since I've just begun painting everything as well, I thought I'd contribute. Don't worry about including me in the official counts though, as I'm not really a slow painter (just an unmotivated one lately). I'll also be in and out of town the rest of the month, including almost two weeks of international travel for work, so I doubt I make much more progress (though I'm hoping to finish at least one of my units of Saurus and some Chameleon Skinks depending on how my next two Sundays look... I usually play all day on Saturdays).

The assembly of the models I can't really take credit for. The only parts I actually assembled were the platform for the Stegadon and the BSB bit on the Slann. The rest of it was already assembled, albeit poorly (one of the Stegadon horns is on crooked), and I had already primed them about a month ago.

20. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

I second what seven stated. 7 hours and all that...holy hell. I am franticly trying to get my 6 warriors done. They still have lots of work to be done on them by sunday night/monday. Took me like 2-3 hours just to do their belts and the fur on their capes :rolleyes: