1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all the slow painters out here!!!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by SeBM, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

Just wanted to share this with you guys, I think this is one of the best painted miniature I've ever painted!

DSC_0099.jpg

Doesnt have anything to do with this competition, just wanted to share it with you :p

It's Hordes Minion Gatormen Posse, If you like to know

Now I must learn to take photos..

2. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

nice Gator Juhaaha - looks like a real one! (if they were all walking upright and carrying halberds)

would Camo Skinks qualify as a R&F piece anyone? just ordered 12 along with Oxyotl and Chakax so I'll be adding them to my list of things to paint when they arrive!

comp starts today for me then woo! good luck and happy painting everyone!

3. Kaax Taat
    Saurus

Kaax Taat New Member

I was planning on doing some chameleon skink conversions - so I am interested in their point value too.
    Am I the only one who dislikes the GW chameleons? I think the Poison dart frog "Doo Rag" is a bit too much.

Thanks,
    Kaax Taat

4. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Skirmishers and scouts will count as rank and file for the purpose of the point system.

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Most people dislike the GW chameleon skinks due to their cost. Easy enough to convert from normal skinks, and in fact that will be one of my aims over the coming weeks/months as well.

Its thursday for me, I think I will spend the day clearing up my painting table, getting all the models I don't want to touch for a while off them, make a bit of space in the shelf above it for my LM army to sit and then, since I am planning an all new 2500 point army list, lay out the models I already have completed, and work out what I need to finish first assembling then painting to get them on the table quicker. My gaming group is fine playing with unpainted models, so it might be an assembling focus for me to start with, aside from the one unit filler I have mostly assembled and need to pin and finish painting.

6. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

It's gone very quiet here - guess everyone's painting! :smug:

So what's everyone's project? I'm working on the HE's from IoB.

7. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

I'm starting off big and doing my stegadon. Luckily I heard some early comments about not attaching the howdah till i'm done painting.
    Spent an hour trying to mix colours with acrylics and settled on army green primer skin and a dark bluegreen for the scales. I'll post a partial picture for what I can do to spice it up or highly the primered area without full paint.
    Heres hope the steg doesn't break my painting spirit, maybe I'll mix in a few R&F as I go.

8. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I'm starting tomorrow, I'll be working on 20 saurus. I then plan to work on something different, maybe Cold One Cavalry or my Stegadon. Might end up working on my Slann as well. I really think painting a centerpiece like the Stegadon or the Slann would boost my motivaton! Can't wait to see what you guys are painting!!!!

9. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

Good idea about the howdah, it'd be a right pain getting to the Steg underneath that.
    Am going to base my Steg with Khemri brown, wasn't really sure to go darker or lighter brown for the scales, but a dark green sounds like a good idea as well, drybrushed with goblin or snot green. Thanks for the idea!

likewise!!

10. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Might not be able to paint for a few days now. Still need to get the area around my painting table clear so I can get my chair over there, most of it is my gf's crap so she has to come and move it. Then have a fairly busy weekend. I'll try to at least get some pictures up of what I'm doing and have planned by the end of the weekend.

11. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

This really is the slow painter challenge then :D. In 9-10 hours, I SHOULD be starting to paint if nothing comes up. I too have to do some cleaning of my hobby room before I start (it's a hobby/guest room).

12. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

DSC_0100.jpg

Here's things Im gonna paint. couple Skorne Paingivers, Cyclop brute, scar vet, AoW beastmen hero, Thrullg, gors and IoB skaven. Skaven are really a side project, I'd like to have my beastmen painted for springs big tournaments (but I need like 40sh more gors and 30 bestigors to buy.. not cheap!)

as you noticed, I forgot the L-O tag, and atm I am having good ol' hangover so Im not gonna take any pics today :D

13. Kaax Taat
    Saurus

Kaax Taat New Member

Well, it seems like we are living up to the Challange's Namesake. i DID go pick up 2 Sally's i ordered. Didn't even take them out of the blister.... LOL.

I will start with a Slann......still in box plastic isnt even off yet. I have 16 Saurus rank and file assembled I will assemble the other 4 to have a flat 20 worth 4 points. i will commit to the following

Slann
    20 Saurus warriors
    2 Salamanders

Thats a start...hopefully I can finish those.

Good Luck Everyone,
    Kaax Taat

14. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

Had a couple games with my skaven. Real fun wackiness.
    I ended up shooting one warplightning cannon only for it to misfire, go wildly out of control and send a S10 shot through my other warplightning cannon, wounding and doing 6 wounds as well. This was the same cannon that shot through the flank of a Tomb Guard unit with a King, having the king fail his LOS roll, and proceed to kill the entire unit with the exception of the standard bearer, my cannon also passed its leadership check and so ignored the kings curse.

Anyways, I'll get some pictures up soon, I left my models a my buddies house so I need to pick them up sometime today.

15. Wildboar
    Skink

Wildboar New Member

Hey guys,

Like SebM I too will (hopefully!) be starting tomorrow, been working away all week so only just got home and taking my boy to the crunch footy game tomorrow!

I'm hoping to get my Sarus unit of 20 finished as well as my stegadon. I would also like to do my sample colour schemes on my cold ones, Kroxigor and my skinks (pink or orange?!)

Fingers crossed I havent bitten off more than I can chew!

If Strewart or SebM (or anyone else for that matter who knows how!) could tell me how to post pictures I will get my pictures up over the weekend.

Hope you guys are going well with your projects.

Cheers

Boar

16. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

You need to upload the picture to photobucket etc.
    Copy the link for the picture.
    Make a post, click the pic button beside linkeh above the work Tip:Styles
    And paste the link between the command bookends.

Theres alot a post somewhere with detailed instrutions.

17. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Here it is, Strewart mentioned it earlier in the thread. I'd like to say that I take my hats off to:

a) The people who have signed up for this challenge, I don't have the time...
    and b) Those of you who have been brave enough to show your GFs the world of Warhammer, and most of all for those of you who have actually managed to get them to paint your army for you.

Now there's a girl I'd like ;)

18. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

I'll be starting this Sunday, if all goes well. Planning on doing my first regiment of 24 saurus (3 of which are done from before). Still need to switch to magnetic bases on about 6 of them, but those are first up on the plate.

Then I've still got to finish basing and touching up about a dozen "half-done" figs.

and then a boatload of skinks (55)...and another regiment of 24 saurus, and 20 TG.

Cheers to everyone!

19. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

My my my, so much activity while I was teaching young overexcited teenagers how to properly read and write (I'm a french teacher)... After a really busy day at work, I'm gonna make myself a sandwhich, eat it, then sit down at the painting table and paint!!!!!

For those of you wanting to join in, I'll be on the Lustria-Online chatbox while listening to some music, or possibly some Star Trek - The Next Generation episodes. I'll be posting pictures soon with an example of the Lustria-Online tag as well!!!!

Hopefully someone ends-up joining me :D.

20. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

tried opening up the shoutbox at work here and no go. But we're all with you in spirit.