1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total War Warhammer: Game played and lots of it out

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by The Sauric Ace, May 23, 2016.

1. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

Beast men, woodelves and the Britts seems like the obvious first choice for the part of the world the first game is set in.
    Impressive that they'll already be releasing a new faction, though :) good sign!

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I guess that depends on the perspective you view it through. The fact they are already releasing it means they've had it in the works for quite some time but instead of releasing it as part of the main game they're piecing it off as DLC to milk every last drop of :greedy::greedy::greedy:. I have to admit though that it is still exciting... especially when the lizzies eventually hit the stage.

Warden likes this.
  3. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Perhaps you're right about the money milking aspect. I'm just happy to see them, actually going through with the concept, of introducing all the factions eventually.
    Obviously it's a big problem in modern gaming how triple A games sell off pieces that should be a part of the game to begin with, as DLC later on -.-
    Still happy to see beasts :happy:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Warden likes this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I'm not sure tbh, with the factions you start with and getting Chaos thrown in you have too many choices, it may have been the case that it was not ready and rather than delay the game release as DLC.

I'm still pissed off with Chaos right pain in the bum to build the army up.

Warden likes this.
  5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Beastman are out, si is the Lord pack for bookmark and first. A new lord pack for belegar and snarsnik was just announced and has me excited. Currently playing green skins but am going to brush up on dwarves before a new belegar campaign.

Also pre ordering the new pack is something like $7 usd

Warden likes this.
  6. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

So they need Woodies and Brits to finnish off the line-up of factions in the old world (Central Northern part, at least). Or am I missing something?

7. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Skaven

8. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Bloody rats :p Yeah of course, the default faction, everywhere you go

9. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

So woodelves will be out come December. Perhaps they will be my first army I'll try out; I always liked their design :p

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Interesting. So no word yet on Lizardmen?

11. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Not what I could find, browsing the inter-web :p

I suppose they'll finish off the Old World before they introduce the New...

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  12. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Here's a link to what they are currently working on at the CA (Company behind Total War): https://forums.totalwar.com/discuss...ams-are-working-on-updated-1st-september-2016

Apparently they are in the development of the next part in the three parts series of TW: Warhammer, with no explanation to which races will be involved in the next game.

My guess would however be that Lizards could very easily be a part of this; here is why:

The first game saw the races of Orcs, Empire, Vampire Counts and Dwarves; all of which are based in the Old World. So far every DLC has also only been for races of this part of the world. Which obviously suggest that each game part, is based on some part of the Warhammer world; hence the fact that they can be combined into one game, when all are out.
    Since we haven't seen the most iconic race of fantasy yet (High Elves), it would make sense that they would be the front characters of the next game; that is Ulthuan, as one part of the map. With HE comes Dark elves, very naturally, whom are placed in the New World, very conveniently also where the Lizards are native. DE are even one of the most famous raiders of loot in Lustria, when they aren't fighting there fellow elven kin.
    With Lizards as the other good faction, my final prediction would be Skavens as the last faction of the next game. I don't think they need to be explained, but it would make for a nice combination of elite and hordes in the new game as well.

My only issue, is that I can't see how they could make a new game purely based on Ogres and Tomb Kings, so I might be wrong and the next game is only three factions.... hopefully Lizards is among them, no matter :p

Warden and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  13. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

interesting take on the new wood elves. I liked how they used the "newer" style for the treemen, really like all the leaves and stuff.

Still waiting for the Lizardmen though... and for a major steam sale before I buy this thing.

n810, The Sauric Ace and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  14. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Same here, man! :p

Warden likes this.