1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer from 40k to Sigmar

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ricoratso, Oct 17, 2018.

1. ricoratso
    Jungle Swarm

ricoratso New Member

Hey everybody, fairly new to Warhammer and tabletop miniatures games and brand new to Sigmar. I played Tyranids because I thought the looked dope as hell and I loved how they could replenish units over and over with one of their bigger critters. I was attracted to Seraphon because they seem to be similar in that they can replenish their units constantly and, I mean, lizards riding giant lizards with aztec themes is crazy awesome. Hoping to get some good tips and tricks and really make the Old Ones proud

So far I have picked up 1 Start Collecting and I'm honestly thinking of getting a second one because it seems like extreme value. Looking to also buy a Lord Kroak and hopefully get another set of warriors.

Any advice would be rad!

Warden, Scalenex and Cageyblood like this.
  2. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Cageyblood Well-Known Member

Hallo and welcome!
    2 S.C. Sets are a great starting point for sure, the value is pretty great, even if knights aren’t the strongest unit at this point in time. Two boxes can get you a few heroes (following the guide below) two monsters, enough knights for a firelance starhost and a solid block of warriors.

There are lots of great resources on here and I would be remiss if I did not mention the great thread about getting a few extra units out of your start collecting set.
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threa...lecting-seraphon-box.20560/page-4#post-254145

There is also a set of articles on spikeybits.com which are a guide to getting to 1000 and then 2000 points using the s.c. Box as a start point. They should not be taken as gospel and are only one persons opinion but I have found them helpful.
    https://spikeybits.com/2016/12/how-to-start-age-of-sigmar-1000-points-seraphons.html
    https://spikeybits.com/2017/12/taking-it-to-2000-points-seraphon.html
    There is also a subforum here about making army lists which are full of people who know more about what is competitive than I do. Getting any slann (kroak included) is generally considered a no brainer, but beyond that there are definitely options! Summoning based compositions, bastilodons and the shadowstrike starhost are some of the stronger seraphon things at the moment, and summoning definitely can give you that “endless reinforcements” feeling you referred to.

The nice (and expensive) thing about seraphon is that we have no shortage of cool units, so you can’t go that wrong by just getting the things you think are cool and making it work.

Welcome to the forum!

Scalenex likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Tactics-wise I'd recommend you make a thread over in the tactics section and tell us about your favoured play style, which models you like visually, and what your environment looks like (very competitive, less competitive, possibly the armies you will be facing if you already know guys who play in your area). I am sure we can come up with a few good ideas. :)

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome aboard!

technically, that's more the style of undead armies. We "just" call every turn brand new units as reinforcement. :D

So true. We have dinosaurs, we have already won.

Follow the AoS subforum, you'll find plenty of suggestions, and don't be shy to ask even stupid questions, we are here to help. :)

5. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Let us know if you have any specific questions about gameplay, tactics, fluff or anything.

I probably won't ever play 40K but if I did I would probably get Tyranids.

7. Logan8054
    Cold One

Logan8054 Well-Known Member

Welcome.

If your just starting tons of good options 2 start collecting boxes. Look at facebook armies for sale. Plus check out forums here for non gw models or other kitbashing.