1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Triumph and Treachery help.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Zeke, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Zeke
    Skink

Zeke Member

So this weekend my buddies and I are having a 1000 point T&T game. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions list wise? I am thinking Shadowstrike but not sure how well it would hold up against multiple opponents. Will possibly be playing against 3 of the following Nurgle, LoN, Dryad, Ironjaws, Stormcast, or Nighthaunt.

Thank you!

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

T&T is mostly about dealing damage in the various phases and not about objectives. Shadowstrike can work, but you won't get close to the full benefit as all players roll off to choose order and drops have no impact. Due to how points are scored you don't actually want to bring units that are easy to damage, such as Skinks. Having reach and rend go a long ways in T&T.

Perhaps something like this:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Mortal Realm: Aqshy

LEADERS:
    Slann Starmaster
    (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Great Rememberer
    - Artefact : Ignax's Scales

UNITS:
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Blades

BEHEMOTHS:
    Bastiadon
    (280)
    Bastiladon (280)

TOTAL: 1000/1000
    EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0
    WOUNDS: 43

Hide your Slann and shoot stuff with your Bastiladons. The Slann will give you some late game longevity. However, if you want to go for maximum damage early then you can use a Skink hero as your general and free up 180 points. Perhaps 4 Razordons.

Zeke likes this.
  3. Zeke
    Skink

Zeke Member

Wow I would have never thought that. What about that same list with a Stegadon w/ longbow and cogs. A little more range than bastiladon and offers a bit more melee, also cogs for the obvious extra summon points?

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

That could work too. Most of the total scoring from T&T will be trying to deal damage in increments of 5 during the various phases. Generally speaking this will net you more than the objectives.

5. Zeke
    Skink

Zeke Member

Ah I see this will be my first T&T game. Seems like it should be a good time.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

There is a fun battle report by a group called "Rerolling Ones". They played a 5-person T&T game, but it was only 500 pts. I think their game did have some form of objective scoring, or maybe board control scoring. The Seraphon player actually won in the end by teleporting to key locations late in the game (and getting good dice rolls). His force was small, but it worked for him:
    Slann
    Eternity Warden
    5 Saurus Guard

His first summon was a razordon. Then, he summoned more guard later to hold a location.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Zeke
    Skink

Zeke Member

I did see that one. Which was what gave me the idea to try a T&T game. Seemed like lots of fun.

Just A Skink and LizardWizard like this.
  8. Zeke
    Skink

Zeke Member

@LizardWizard just a knowledge question. When you run Knights do you go with lances or blades? Or does it vary based on game?

LizardWizard likes this.