1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Triumph and Treachery

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Xuil, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

I know there is very little point discussing specific tactics until our tome comes out. However, I wondered whether people had thought about good approaches to building a triumph and treachery (3+ player) list?

The game itself plays very differently and some general rules will still apply. I THINK:
    • Abilities and artefacts which activate in 'each' phase rather than 'your' phase are much more valuable in T&T. E.g. 'Arcane Might' on your Slann gives you a re-rollable dispel against EACH player that chooses to target you in the spell phase and is much more of a deterrent. Whereas Curse of Fates is just straight insane.
    • Victory points are given for each 5 wounds allocated in a *phase* This has two effects:
    • 1) It is not optimal for your list to be averaging 3-4 wounds in the magic or shooting phases, it's 'go big or go home' in each.
    • 2) Abilities to deal damage out-of-phase (movement phase with terradons, charge phase with razordons) are a nice source of extra VP.
    In short... a good general list won't always be optimal for T&T games and I'm still trying to figure out how best to build one!

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  2. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Basi's with ARKs are the obvious answerer. snakes deal mortals at the start of EVERY combat phase.

Xuil and LizardWizard like this.
  3. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

I had actually missed that one! I only ever use the solar engine.

4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

because currently the laser beam is better than the snake bites.

Erta Wanderer likes this.