1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The April Poetry Contest has opened for voting! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

8th Ed. Trog

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Baggies, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Baggies
    Saurus

Baggies Member

I have a 5000 point battle coming up shortly, I am debating taking my trog out for 3/4 sole krox, what do people think? I have given the trog the divine rod

2. Baggies
    Saurus

Baggies Member

The battle is end times

3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

I have never played such a big battle, but I think that if you have lots of units that would benefit from the scream then you might consider it. Otherwise don´t bother if it´s a competitive game
    :)

4. Baggies
    Saurus

Baggies Member

Just a fun game, I have a horde of 50 Saurus and 20 tg that would benefit, I was thinking I could try and move my Krox up the flank and take out his 5 bolt throwers

5. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Don´t expect too much from the troglodon. The scream is nice if you have many units that benefit from it. The thing with the troglodon is that it´s a big beasty, and therefore it´s a cannonball magnet. You can use it that way, so your more capable units don´t get shot for one or two turns.
    If your opponent´s heard how the troglodon does in game (not very well) he might as well ignore it and you could do something interesting with it.

If it´s a fun game I´d include the troglodon, but if it´s competitive I´d try to avoid it
    It´s a shame that the rules in 8th are so bad for such a beautiful model