1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Trying something different

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Nakai, May 22, 2010.

1. Nakai
    Saurus

Nakai Member

well I am tired of bringing the slann onto the field, not that I dont love our toady leader im just bored is all, so I made this all combat list 3000 points and wanted to get some feed back from you guys on anything i could put in or remove to make it more effective. I tried to make it so I can take on magic lists as well but as I only have the two dispel dice it would be difficult anyways heres the list.

Saurus Oldblood
    shield
    sword of the hornet
    hide of the cold one
    talisman of protection

Saurus Oldblood
    Carnosaur
    light armour
    spear
    enchanted shield
    aura of quetzl
    carnosaur pendant

Skink Chief
    warspear
    ancient steg

2 x Saurus Scar-veterans
    great weapons

24 saurus warriors
    f.c
    spears
    (oldblood with hide of the cold one goes here)

2 x 15 saurus warriors
    standard

5 x 10 skink skirmishers

2 x 4 Terradons

2 x stegadons

So the basic idea here is to lure the enemy in with skinks, harass the enemy with poison shots and shoot anything big with the bolt throwers. Utilize the terradons for hunting down mages while my skink chief and carnosaur lord go after anything with a high armour save. I am really looking forward to seeing how the big unit of saurus with the oldblood will work since he strikes first and all the spear attacks with a frontage of six , units just made to take a charge.

2. Great Lord Tlanxla
    Saurus

Great Lord Tlanxla New Member

Looks like this could be a very effective list but very easy to mess up. You shouldnt have a problem harrassing the enemy with skinks seeing as you have 50 of them :D.

The only problem i can see if magic armies will be troublesome like you stated. Terradons can take care of lone wizards though.

3. Tycko_D
    Skink

Tycko_D New Member

It´s no use to put a carnosaur pendant on the carnooldblood, the carnosaur itself gives the oldblodd frenzy when the carno ets frenzy, this has been mentioned here in this forum alot before!

4. lazylizard
    Temple Guard

lazylizard New Member

looks good. just make sure you get to their wizards as soon as possible!!!!!!

5. Iggy Koopa
    Chameleon Skink

Iggy Koopa New Member

True and true. This has been mentioned many times on this forum before. Buying this item is an absolute waste if he's going to be mounted on a Carnosaur. Other than that, the list looks solid. Good luck with it.

Iggy Koopa

6. Nakai
    Saurus

Nakai Member

Ok I found the rule that actually states "In the case of mounted troops, frenzy affects both riders and their steeds". so i agree my carnosaur pendant is almost useless if it werent for the the fact that the oldblood only gets frenzy which he can lose, where as if he has the carnosaur pendant he never loses frenzy so basically its 20 pts to never lose frenzy.

7. Tycko_D
    Skink

Tycko_D New Member

In that case, I am truly sorry, I now know that it Has changed with the new addition and it can be used fairly on a carnosaur!

8. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Both rider and mount are subject to Berserk Rage, meaning they have to take a leadership test or involuntarily charge. Only the one with the Frenzy rule gets the extra attack though. (page 82, last paragraph; redirected from page 105, eighth paragraph.)

If you want the Oldblood to have another attack, he needs the pendant.