1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TW Warhammer II Campaigns

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by The Sauric Ace, Sep 28, 2017.

1. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

I would imagine most of the unique units would make it into the game. The exception being the swarms. Since there is no such unit in any other army book, which had them in 8th or earlier.
    Lizards are missing salamanders and Razordons as the most popular left outs, but then again they have given them all types of feral creatures and horned one riders (better cold one, not skinks). CA take some and give some, apparently.
    It's thus difficult to say if they'll for sure be in the game, however the odds are pretty good :)

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

One of the reasons for missing sallies is that we already have lots of interesting troops and dinosaurs, and an army for such a game needs appealing units, so everything was "fair game" and of course something would have been left behind.
    But TK offer skeletons, skeletons and skeletons. Even with egyptian style, this is not enough, so I'll bet they will insert all those units that give that sense of wonder that's needed.... so, Sphinxes, Ushabti, Necroknights and Stalkers.

3. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

I reckon you're right in your assessment on the matter of choices in the army. Even though a lot of people would love to see the salamander, the line up the lizards fields are still very impressive.
    I don't know enough about the tomb kings to make any judgements based on army synergy, the suggesting you give seems reasonable to me, though :)

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Synergies in TK are based mostly on magic, so I expect liche priests and units as Casket of Souls and possibly hierotitan (another impressive model, btw)

5. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

I reckon most of their units will make it into the game, they might leave out some of the less popular units but i think they will have a pretty complete roster.

One of the mods to the orignal game has a Tombkings faction mod, you can only use the faction in custom battles, but it is awesome. The mod uses re-purposed assets, but still manages to add Necropolis knights, skeleton giant and Nagash among other things.

There is a rumor going around that the Tomkings won't participate in the vortex campagin and will just try too conquer the world, they still have to stop the other factions from completing their rituals.

6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I'm going to guess stalkers will come out with apophas

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

How so?

8. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Stalkers and apophas are thematically similar.

Question for anyone who can actually load up the game: does hexoatl have it's own map?

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Animation-wise they are quite different. Apophas is different from anything else in the range (as he is comprised of beetles). Animating him would be nothing like animating Stalkers. I highly doubt we will see him in the game, especially since he isn't really an important character in TK lore.

10. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Campaign updates:

The elves of Lothern, are well on their way to finishing their last ritual. Luckily for the cold-blooded, they are also in all out war with the last defenders (my faction). So far they have been raiding the southern corner of the southland, however this has been stopped for good by a large force of lizard, now moving to sieze their island settlement of the dread sea.
    To the west another army of the last defenders are mustering enough forces to take the citedel of dusk, while KROQ-GAR has made a foot hole on Ulthuans coastline, soon ready to stop their ritual for good, by burning lothern to the ground!

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  11. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Must see lothern destroyed.

12. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Lothern has been taken by the lizzies. Together with a good deal of the west southern coastlines of Ulthuan. The Elves Ritual was stopped after some hefty battles both in the Southlands and Ulthuan.

Side note: Carnosaurs, especially Grymloch, are awesome! They can chew down several dragon knights for a minor snack, after which the dinner is Moon Dragon, for then to eat a nice dessert of Lothern sea guard. :D

Crowsfoot likes this.
  13. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Just started my first ritual.

The Sauric Ace likes this.
  14. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

First playthrough finnished, after some 200 turns. It was a rough fight against, both High elves and their Intervention armies, the dark elves version and loads of Skaven armies, to hold the the ritual sites for the count down. At one point I thought I might not make it to hold Lothern for the end, since I was constantly attacked by full stacks armies, more then one; while I had Kroq-Gar there and one other army it turned into some issues. Luckily:
    20171003092932_1.jpg
    Grymloch Is Freaking Awesome :D !!!

The Dragon count for just the last 10 turns, till the end of the ritual, must be something like a dusin dragons, lord and without. I took down, At least, 1 per army :p

Warden, Crowsfoot and Lord-Marcus like this.
  15. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

freaking awesome

16. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

So after having played through mist if the lore master campaign, I decided I needed to play some more lizards. As such I have now started a Mazdamundi campaign.

Just like most other Mazdamundi starts with only one settlement, Hexotl. You are however, already at war with the Skeggi Norscan, so they are ready to be conquered.
    The first thing I did was recruiting a saurus oldblood, and recruiting some more units of skinks for Mazdamundi, thinking g it would be worthwhile for the first battle.
    While the saurus oldblood toke to the sea (loads of fun items out on the shipwrecks) Mazdamundi went and besieged the nearest Skeggi settlement. Dispite being outnumbered it wasn't a difficult battle. The new thing in the game ate lots of bottleneck battles, which means that more powerful armies are better off than not so elite armies.
    Having two units of saurus warriors, a unit of temple guards, and half a dusin skinks alongside a bastilodons, the battle pretty much went as planned; Mazdamundi would casts his buffing spells on the saurus whom were in most need of it while the skinks threw their neat little poison javelins into the lads. A decisive victory for the lizards!

Currently I have taken down the Skeggi clans, and are now considering what to do next, I could hunt down skavens, which is most likely, or go north and try to get rid of as many dark elves as possible.

All in all its a game that I still reckon is worth playing even after 50 hours put into it, with almost two campaigns finnshed. (I am probably three turns away from my final ritual with the elves in the Lore master campaign.)

Warden likes this.
  17. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

So I've gotten to play a few hours of Mortal Empires; nor for long, I'm only like 20 turns in.
    So far I reckon KROQ-GAR has a more interesting starting position in the vortex campaign. He is technically in the same spot, but it's cropped off to the south, so he can't really expand through the southern jungles, which means you have to fight off undead, annoying due to corruption, dwarfs and orcs, annoying due to uninhabitable climate, before you get to the west coast of the south lands.
    Had you have a tad more jungle to control it wouldn't have been so annoying, but with only two region, one that is controlled by an ally, it isn't super easy to see where one should expand. I guess it's just a starting issue and hopefully it'll get more intersting once those pesky mountains has been crossed.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.