1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugleish cold ones for DE cold ones?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Elmquasmash, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Sorry, but our cold one mounts are just... not too attractive in my opinion... Has anyone tried converting our saurus to ride on the cold ones from the dark elves?

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

The guy in this thread made some, they are near the bottom of his first post and mentioned further on down the thread:
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/my-lizardmen-pic-heavy.1789/

The consensus seems to be that saurus are a bit too wide normally (elves are skinny!) so you need to do a bit of converting and greenstuff work but it isn't too bad if you want to go to the trouble.

3. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Dang, i even saw all that conversion stuff a day or two ago and i didnt even notice that he did that :jawdrop: Hmmm i guess it would be a good way for me to get some practice with green stuff before i convert my heroes.. Ty stew

4. Narotar
    Jungle Swarm

Narotar New Member

5. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Nice job narotar! I hadnt thought of that.. It seems fairly easier that was (as i am not a very good painter/converter) and looks like the only thing will be using a tad bit of green stuff to make the scales look a little more uniform between the two body types.. Be sure to keep those pics up so i can use them as reference in a few days ;)

edit: and i might even lob off the tails and switch those.. I'll have to make the attempt both ways with spare pieces to see which way works best for me

6. Narotar
    Jungle Swarm

Narotar New Member

unfortunately I don't have any time at the moment to work on these minis because of my work. I hope that I will find some time to finish them some day ;)

7. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Well, i just got my cold ones (de and lizzies) and will begin the converting now :) Wish me luck!!

fyi: i got the dark elf ones at half price :D some kid was selling his at the local hobby shop! and it included an extra head so i'll be able to do my hero's cold one as well ;)

8. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Wow, great luck! hope the conversion works well!

9. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

hmmmm cant find the cable to upload any photos yet but i got the cold ones mostly done.. I have my 5 regular riders and all i have to do is get them painted this friday when i get paid on friday.. Then the piece i cant waite to show is my hero... I have a couple of extra sprues from random pieces tat have helped me out in giving him a little conversion :) he looks pretty sweet and i cant wait to see how he turns out!