1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultimate 1000-2000 Lizard Painting Awesomeness

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Milkshart, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Milkshart
    Jungle Swarm

Milkshart New Member

Thus our journey through time and space commences, riddled with lizardmen figures of all different categories. He who hath faint of heart or faith faltered, begone, here there be monsters.

In all seriousness, Here's my lizardmen painting project. I plan to paint 1000 - 2000 points of pure scaley madness. 8th edition cause AOS can sukmidik.
    Without further ado, here's my converted salamander and its hunting pack.

[​IMG]

I know, I used the age of sigmar model, Its not the models that i dislike, its the rules.
    I primed this bad boy with Chaos Black, and then based him with Khorne Red.

[​IMG]

Here is the other one, finished, I like the look of red for fire breathing reptiles.

After the base, I gave him two layers of Nuln Oil, a heavy layer with Khorne Red in the spots where there was no wash. I then highlighted the fine points with Tuskgor Fur, and painted the teeth and claws Eshin Gray. The eye was Yriel Yellow and the collar was Balthasar Gold. I highlighted the gray spots in Baneblade Brown

[​IMG]

This final one shows one of the handlers, which are three normal skinks primed in Chaos Black. I used twenty of my skinks in two units of skirmishers, one I converted to a standard bearer for cohorts and the other three are the handlers.

That's all for now, I'll try to post again soon to show some more painting, but schools starting, and I haven't much time.

Till next time,

Milkshart

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Crowsfoot and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

sooo... is that a new chaos hound or something ?

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I love that model. Can't wait to see if fully painted; it will make a great salamander.

4. Milkshart
    Jungle Swarm

Milkshart New Member

Yes, that is the Flesh Hound model.:)
    Love that one, but I'm not sure it counts as a conversion.
    I put up some new pictures with better lighting.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Looking good so far, maybe try and shade around the eye with a brown wash it looks a little flat at the mo ;)

6. Milkshart
    Jungle Swarm

Milkshart New Member

I've finally gotten around to posting again, and this is what did it:

[​IMG]

This newly bought carnosaur inspired me to continue painting, and so I shall. The pack it came in comes with 12 saurus, upping my saurus count to 44, which is starting to overflow my wooden shelf. It also came with eight more cavalry, which I plan to use as mounted scar vets to flank and provide backup.
    I started the carno with a black coat, then Used the same color scheme as for the salamanders. I plan on using it for all of my warbeasts. I did choose to assemble it with kroq-gar, but it will almost always act as an oldblood or scar vet if I can.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the finished product, not yet with the Oldblood, but I plan on finishing that later, or once I get a square base to replace the squalid, Languid circular bases which I so dearly dislike.
    I plan on painting the ancient steg next, and finishing my warbeast collection, but heroes may come first.

7. Milkshart
    Jungle Swarm

Milkshart New Member

Here's the deal;

I have come up with a simple 500 point army list which I shall completely paint before I continue on, so that I can play with some pride in a 500 point game. For constructive criticism, here's the list. Just FYI I am purposefully using the salamanders to make a more offensive army.

1x Skink priest Lvl 2 - 125
    -Disspell scroll

15x Saurus Warriors - 208
    -Musician
    -Banner
    -Spears

1x Salamander pack - 80
    -Extra handler

1x Salamander pack - 80
    -Extra handler

Total: 493

8. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

You really should get a pot of Liquid Green stuff, some really nasty cracks in the carnosaur (nose line, firts rope on the back and left front paw) to fill it up and make it a great whole again.

zaheen47 likes this.
  9. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Wow, that carnosaur is good. Ive been meaning to get some nuln oil for a while - is there any colour scheme which it particularly works with or is it just something you have to try?

Ps would you mind if I post some of my own (badly) painted models on here? I could really do with some feedback/inspiration on them.

10. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Oops, didnt mean to post twice!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  11. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Your free to start your own blog and we will be happy to give you feedback and provide plenty of hints and tips to help you improve your painting ability :)

12. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Dude yes please make your own blog and everyone that wants to will give you some feedback on your paints. I only joined this community last October and they have been very helpful and very welcoming.

Otzi'mandias likes this.