1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unit Fillers

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Mr.Esty, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Mr.Esty
    Saurus

Mr.Esty New Member

( I'm new here, if this has been discussed before, please, just show me the link)
    What do you guys use for Unit Fillers? I looked online for some inspirational pictures of Lizardmen unit fillers; and couldn't find any! Please show us pics!

Maybe we should do a contest or something?

5-9-08037.jpg
    dwarven unit filler

2. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Not sure what you mean by unit fillers...

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I have seen some lizardmen swimming on a swamp base before. Not sure where though. Whomever made them took the arms, heads, and a couple of torsos and put them on a standard base and based it as swampy water. It really looked pretty cool.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

You basically use a bigger base (40 or 50mm) and have some kind of conversion going on in it. Makes the unit easier to move and you often have to buy less models since, as in the Dwarf example above, there are 2 Dwarf models taking up the space that 4 normally would.

I'm not sure its really easy or practical for LM. Yeah you can have skinks swimming underwater, but skink units generally aren't huge anyway. And the skink 'unit filler' typically tends to be a kroxigor. :D Saurus are really the only unit that could effectively use one, and there isn't a lot you could do with them I don't think.

5. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Easy unit filler for Lizardmen that I am contemplating using: you just use a big base and make a few temple blocks.. If people are going to be stingy and say you have to have models on it then plop a saurus or two that are screaming their heads off on it.. Here is another one from a guy who's work I follow a lot:

DSC00849.jpg

You just gotta be creative and let your imagination wander ;)

6. Mr.Esty
    Saurus

Mr.Esty New Member

COWARD!
    j/k! But seriously, I think this is a super fun aspect of the hobby that Warhammer Fantasy has over 40K, and I'm surprised more people aren't jumping all over it.

7. Mr.Esty
    Saurus

Mr.Esty New Member

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!