1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Upcoming 2k League

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Slikus Vaw, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

He changed his list when we fought to 2 units of 6 rockguts the troggboss 2 manglers 2 wizards nd a 60 unit of gitz.

I won the match with alot of victory points but he tabled me. I was able to get my flamethower up agenst his gitz and got a double turn on him so i wrecked them. I decided to stay with my original list which helped i needed units that take up more space in my bubble of rerolls so manglers couldnt just hop inside.

I lost to leagion of sacrament. Was rolling atrociously but made it so he didnt get max points

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

One of my opponets is a beastmen army nd i have no idea how they play any advice?
    Theres also a nighthaunt nd indoneth deepkin but they r fairly new nd still learning their armies.

I just got the dread saurian nd was wondering how well it performs on the battlefield? Would it be worth it to take out kroak nd put that in nd switch the flamer steg to a bastiladon?
    Last few games havent been using summoning from slann but the EotG triggered

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

I want a list with kroak thunderquake nd the dread but its hella hard to fit them in at 2k

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah that probably won't work.

The problem with the Dread Saurian is that it is so large. If there is some terrain on the table it is pretty hard to move it. I would still say it is worth its point cost, and inexperienced players will freak out when the see it. So definitely worth a try IMO.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

The dread will get you killed :D

On beastmen - they can deepstrike(ambush) a unit for every unit placed on the field (certain ones) they can summon, have a seriously useful terrain piece and have probably the best (point for power) elite units in the game.

First up - kill the small herd of ungors that will be plopped on the herd stone - they are there to be sacrificed so that something nasty comes and gets you later (chimeras/cockatrices/bestigors or like my own army spawns to buff my units)

Bestigors are seriously nasty in combat (on mass) and gourgons insta kill.

Try to go into combat with beast herd units with as little models as possible (it messes with their synergies) - so kroxigors etc - use shooting to target bigger creatures and expect them to make really long movement/charges - they can run and charge in same turn etc and with ambush they move in quickly with high movement.

If it’s a warherd army they suck :D minotaurs aren’t amazing but have a few nifty synergies like self heals and extra damage - but they die easy enough.
    You will want to kill off any 1 eyed monsters you see as they target mages with their abilities (your slaan)

LizardWizard and Slikus Vaw like this.
  6. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

Doing great in the league so far 4-1 nd in first with a good lead on the others.

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

Advice of nurgle with the glotkin nd mostly mortals?

Advise Sylveneth also? donno anything about the army.

Advise on indoneth deepkin also? Dont know much about the army either

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Deed525
    Stegadon

Lol I may as well play for you ;D

Burgle are attrition - you have to grind them down (hard to hit, lots of toughness/wounds etc) keep them at range so you don’t get bogged down and watch out for burgling Simmons taking objectives.

Sylvaner are evil :D their woods are their key weapon - no line of sight through them, do not charge into/through them as that will cost you models, their units get buffs being close to them and they can summon into them - so yeah fun times :D
    Blast big units of driads at range as they are actually pretty good in combat multiple long range melee attacks with extra buffs etc, hunters are pretty nasty so look to take them out, if they have allarielle she is seriously powerful (mega combat tank that can insta kill and spawn new woods when she does so - also she heals everything constantly) double turns on her are veeery useful - if you commit to combat make sure it’s enough to blast her away in one go else you probably won’t be able to, Dorthu is a combat master and deals lots of damage, dricha is a horde killer (mortal wound pump) all else are meh - but I expect you will see the above.

The sea elves are pretty nasty too, eels are your enemy (don’t let them charge) they gain big buffs for it - the spear ones deal a bunch of mortal wounds on charge and gain melee boosts the others are defenders, kill any big turtles you see as they give armour benefits to lesser folk, their base troops are easy to kill but can hit fairly hard in combat - watch out for the tides changing as one will give them always attack first etc, always kill off any supporting heroes they have as they all give out decent buffs - the big guy with the sea cloak is pretty mean - he can heal and dish out some fair damage - wipe him out and that’s a quarter of the army gone in one blow.
    Try and stay away / lure their troops away from ship wrecks as again they give buffs and their sea kings are pretty hardy in combat + give eels/sharks buffs

Slikus Vaw and LizardWizard like this.
  9. Deed525
    Stegadon

Ps: can’t be bothered to go over and correct the auto corrects lol - it kinda makes sense :D

10. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

im just fairly new and havent played most armies so i dont really know what to expect. have maybe 15 games under my belt mostly agenst stormcast nd nighthaunt.

LizardWizard likes this.
  11. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

thx for the great info!

LizardWizard likes this.
  12. Deed525
    Stegadon

;D no problem, always happy to help (I mean there’s a lot more on each army) - but that’s the bare bones of them, likely choices etc