1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Usability of razordons/salamanders vs bastilidon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by razorback explorer, Nov 6, 2016.

?

what should I buy?

1. bastilodon

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. 2 razordons

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 2 salamanders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. razordon + salamander

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. razorback explorer
    Jungle Swarm

razorback explorer New Member

Hi everyone!

Im a new player to seraphon and aos in general (although i have been playing 40k for about 3 years now)
    And have just got the starter set. I like the look of razordons, salamanders and the bastilodon, but only have £40 to spend (so one bastilodon or 2 razordons/salamanders)

Just wondering what everyone thinks of these units,

I am more of a defensive player, used to play tau.

Bowser and Duinila like this.
  2. Duinila
    Saurus

Duinila Member

I just started too and omg the Bastadilion just looks amazing! I will defo pick it up! The other ones you mentioned don't seem as good to me, but that might be just me

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I strongly recommend the bastiladon. It is an amazing unit that's tough to kill. you want to bog something down or have a solid anvil Bastiladon is the way to go. Also it is just a great looking model!

N1nj4 and Duinila like this.
  4. Duinila
    Saurus

Duinila Member

Especially if you have naughty naughty demon friends! ;P

Bowser likes this.
  5. PJetski
    Chameleon Skink

PJetski Active Member

Bastiladon is great for beginners but as you get more experienced you'll see just how efficient Razordons are compared to Bastiladons (2d6 shots each for only 60 points per model!!!) and how ESSENTIAL salamanders are to the Seraphon army (Rend2 D6 damage and a chance at mortal wounds!!)

If you can only pick one then pick the Bastiladon

Arawn and Bowser like this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Bastiladon is probably our best dinosaur, and (if properly supported) one of the most resilient behemoth in AoS, A perfect anvil, with strong shooting and good CC. It should be your first purchase.

Sallies are exceptional, their rend and the "it burns" makes them great killers. Great unit to point aganst the target you want to obliterate. I would field a minimum number of 2, possibly supporting them with a starseer. IMO the n. 2 in the "to buy" list.

Razordons are good and deliver an insane amount of attacks, but they lack rend, so will perform poorly against armored targets. They excel in cleaning units with saves 5+ or 6+, usually chaff and disposable screen, to open the way for a charge. IMO it's the third unit to pick.

Please note that all these units have ranged attacks, a thing that you should always include in your army.

Arawn and Bowser like this.